The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It says VIN SCCPC11195HL34943 and a Mileage of "4." They're also asking $40K for it, so it must be new.
Spokane - Lotus Elise

Best I can figure, the dealers are "three fat guys," so maybe they just gave up after four years of trying to fit into it.

Feel free to move this post out of the FS section if it warrants discussion.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Only Franchised Lotus dealers can sell "NEW" Lotus products and the warranty on this car started 10/05.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only Franchised Lotus dealers can sell "NEW" Lotus products and the warranty on this car started 10/05.
So, is it new, but not "new" or "new," but not new? I should go see it in person, chat them up, and see what's going on.

If four miles in four years is real, do you think they changed the oil every 2,000 feet? :p

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
I'd seriously be worried if it's just been sitting around since 2004 or 2005 with only 4 miles. What about service? Things can crack and dry up in the time period.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Apperently, the car has sunroof/moonroof, power steering and rear spoiler. Not to mention "gold" color. :thwack: and :wallbang:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Having done lots of work with database imports, I'm going to guess their program tries to put "4,571" into an integer field, which can be numbers only (a comma is not a number), so it truncates the data once it hits a comma - hince the previous suggestion of leaving off three digits. :shrug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts