The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I now have a great opportunity to go in with a few other guys and rent a shop, which will allow me to properly work on a few other project cars.....something I have always wanted to do. To make this work, I will need to make a few changes in cars which means sadly that the Elise will be looking for a new home.

2005 Elise - $33,500
  • Saffron Yellow
  • Black Leather interior
  • Stage II exhaust (installed at original delivery)
  • Hardtop
  • Softtop
  • Touring Pack
  • Sport Pack (2 oil coolers, LSS wheels, suspension)
  • Micromirror (original also included)
  • Car cover
  • Zaino'd the week I got it and maintained
  • New Yokohama's A048s about 2,000 miles ago

I bought the car from Lotus of Atlanta in March 2007 with about 7,400 miles on it. After 14 months it now has 14,500 miles. While I owned it it did see rain one time (not intentionally), but otherwise it was only driven on sunny days and kept garaged.

When I purchased the car I requested and received the 1,000 mile service download (performed by Lotus of Atlanta) and they also performed a download as it was at 7,400 miles. The downloads demonstrate that it was well driven and cared for! They had also performed the initial services. I will include this information as well as the original window stickers, all manuals, toolkit, etc.

If you look through my posts, you will see that I had commented about a horrible buzzing noise that occurred at 4,000 rpm in some gears. Some initial investigation lead me to believe it was the heat shield because (a) I had a an old Nissan that sounded EXACTLY the same years ago, and (b) If I touched the exhaust ever-so-slightly it would not occur. I went ahead and pulled off the tire and wheel-liner on the passenger side (where I had decided the noise was coming from) and tightened the heat shield bolts.......poof!.....the buzzing was gone.

I maintain the car with oil changes every 3,000 miles (or sooner) using AMSOIL. The exterior is Zaino'd and the interior is kept clean (no Armor-all). There have been zero issues with the car (other than the buzzing mentioned above).

There is the dreaded front clam scrape......my fault!

I will load pictures soon, but wanted to get this process started. I may also think of a few more details regarding the car and will add them as quickly as possible. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos in the gallery

Well, one step at a time I suppose. I did manage to get some of the original car photos loaded into my gallery. Tomorrow hopefully I'll figure out how to load them onto this thread page and then Saturday I will get some proper new pictures. The car really does look the same as the day I picked it up expect for a very small amount of wear from an extra 7,000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts