The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

Sorry to sell my baby but here goes. I'm the original owner - purchased new in January 2005 - I hold the clean title.
VIN: SCCPC11155HL31053

This car is in Excellent condition!
First offer over $36k takes her or just make me a respectable offer. Take a look below for a post about used 2005 values - looks like there's a bump up in the 2005 models because of the high price of the new ones. $36k is well under NADA blue book value for this car and in addition it has upgrades (hard top and sport pack being key ones)

2005 Saffron Yellow with matte black painted stripes
~4.5k miles
Sport pack
Hard top
black interior
new clam (front clam replaced - no frame damage! dealer supervised repair - replaced with Lotus supplied parts)

Additions:
Quicksilver exhaust
K&N air filter
SSR wheels w/new tires (I have the stock wheels/tires - you choose which ones you want - I'm selling the others separately or we can talk about including)

From a recent sticky post:
So, as a tool for buyers and sellers I have pulled up N A D A Lotus pricing on USED,2005, BASE MODEL ELISE with under 25,000 miles

PRICING

Original MSRP: $42,990
Low used Retail (vehicles in poor condition) $29,800
Average used Retail (vehicles in good to excellent condition) $39,800
High used Retail (vehicles in excellent like new condition) $45,525

Again, the above numbers are for base model cars ONLY. Different packages and paint run the price up quickly and you'll need to adjust accordingly. As you can see the base model lotus according to insurance underwriters and NADA has APPRECIATED in value partially due to Lotus increase in base model costs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
did they mistakenly paint the stripes in gloss when the front clam was replaced???

car looks great btw!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
that's the starshield over the stripes - makes it look a bit more glossy. good eye!.

two options:
1. remove shield on the nose
2. remove shield just where the stipes are.

thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Someone could also put clear over the rest of the stripe...

that's the starshield over the stripes - makes it look a bit more glossy. good eye!.

two options:
1. remove shield on the nose
2. remove shield just where the stipes are.

thanks for looking!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where did you find it ???
put "NADA" in your favorite search engine... plug in values for 2005 lotus elise. voila.

are you in the market for an elise?

·
Registered
891 Posts
yes , (as always)

apologize but the prices that you are describe are extremelly optimistic ..

anyway good luck with your sale !

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
apologize but the prices that you are describe are extremelly optimistic ..
It's not my description...
It's NADA's and apparently some insurance companies that are valuing them higher.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/n-d-values-lotus-cars-57804/

of course, I must think they are optimistic too since I'm putting my car out there for much less and asking for reasonable offers.

It is interesting to note that there seems to be an inflection point in the value of used elises, no?

Here's a direct link to the NADA site: Used Car Value - Lotus Elise 2 Door Coupe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts