The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With a heavy heart, I'm going to have to take a hiatus from LotusCupUSA. I was in a pretty bad ski accident and have to retire from racing at present. Anyhow, I've been racing this Spec car in the Production Class of LotusCupUSA in the year of 2013. The car has been serviced with VSA Motorsports. If you're looking for a track car dialed in, this should do it. I did blow the motor at Big Willow in early 2013, and replaced it with a stock motor that had around 3000 miles on it - so fairly fresh.
Best part is the car weighs only 1800 lbs.

Currently has:

Full Roll cage
Reverie XC seat
Radio system
6 point harnesses
Fire system
Nitron 46mm
Fluidyne oil cooler
Moroso oil pan
Track mounts
Battery relocated to front
Sparco quick release steering wheel
Autometer gauges
GPS lap timer/data logger
BOE rear toe links
Lexan front and rear window
Front brake cooling ducts
Tow hooks
Shifter brace
HNT pad
Ethos wheels with Yoko S04 slicks

Asking $33,000

Also have the open Trailex will offer up for sale as well....

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Some mighty fine hardware here!

Sorry about your accident.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
+1 but your in better shape than Sonny.

This one is tempting.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Don't mean to jack your thread. Did 7 days on the slopes boarding for Christmas. At 48 it wears my butt out. I'm old and slow and most of my younger relatives let me know that. But if I get hurt, I cant work. I just go at a pace that works for me.

We all have little mishaps in our life, I had a helo crash 2 years ago that was sort of ugly. Its those little mishaps that we survive that helps us put it all back into perspective and make us thankful.

Back on topic.......This car has me drooling! I have 2 already, if I buy another, alimony wont let me afford it!

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea we're all getting older and it's a reality we hate to face. Basically I suffered compression fractures of my spine. Fortunately no need for surgery and should have a full recovery. But it was a wake up call for me. The injury forced me to take time off work and it drastically effected my family. I can't be too selfish right now even though racing is in my blood.

I'm hoping though that someone that picks this car up enjoys racing as much as I do, specifically LotusCupUSA. The organization is the best camaraderie I've ever experienced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
lotuschamp014
414 Posts
LCS

Glad you'll recover Eddie. Yeah getting old sucks, trust me when I tell ya.
Contemplating same as you about the future
cheers for a speedy recovery. K:eek:now the car, fantastic price for a quick one
Victor

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Will trade for Evora and pay cash difference….

sorry Eddie, you know I can't help but look out for you.

btw….. This is a STREET LEGAL VIN if I recall, correct? do you have the title? this would make it more valuable….

oh and stop using words like "retire"… thats an ugly word. your just going to slow down a bit….

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you'll recover Eddie. Yeah getting old sucks, trust me when I tell ya.
Contemplating same as you about the future
cheers for a speedy recovery. K:eek:now the car, fantastic price for a quick one
Victor

Get well soon!

And I hope your hiatus from racing is only temporary.

Glad you are OK Eddie.
Bump for a great car.
Thank you guys for the well wishes. It means a lot when I am bored on my ass recovering.
I will really miss the camaraderie the most from this hiatus. But I will definitely come to some of the events this year for sure. Friendships never die.

Will trade for Evora and pay cash difference….

sorry Eddie, you know I can't help but look out for you.

btw….. This is a STREET LEGAL VIN if I recall, correct? do you have the title? this would make it more valuable….

oh and stop using words like "retire"… thats an ugly word. your just going to slow down a bit….
Good point Robb it probably was street legal to begin with but I don't have a title.

Yes I did say "retire...at present" :)
It certainly is the right move for me and my family this year.
But I would love to follow the great "Michaels" who both came out of retirement for their true love of the sport. ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any entertaining offers??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Best Wishes!!

Eddie-

I wish you the best and a speedy recovery!! I put your car out to some of my customers. I will let you know if I get any response. Talk to you soon!!

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eddie-

I wish you the best and a speedy recovery!! I put your car out to some of my customers. I will let you know if I get any response. Talk to you soon!!

Bill
Bill, got your email, and thank you very much for your support!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Get well soon, Eddie.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts