The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a newbie on the forums and in search of a clean Elise. There is a 2006 Elise that I'm interested in and was wondering if anyone in the Bethesda area knows anything about this car or it's previous owner. Is the dealership reputable? I don't think it comes with a hardtop so would it be difficult to obtain one later on in the same color as the car? Lotus wants about $3500 for an OEM hardtop :( I love the wheels but not sure what they are....anyone recognize them? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Red 2006 LOTUS ELISE for sale in Bethesda Maryland VIN: SCCPC11146HL30901 | LemonFree.com

·
Registered
228 Posts
Euro is very reputable and picked up the Lotus franchise a couple years back. Call and talk to Jaime.

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
What wheels are those?

When did they go to raised letters on the rear?

·
Registered
676 Posts
can't tell the wheel sizes but it should be 16" fronts and 17" in rear. The wheels on the picture look equal size for some reason

·
Registered
712 Posts
Jamie at Euromotorcars is a good guy, there is absolutely no question about that. He is very personable and willing to work with on things.

Here's the deal. The dealership often goes to auctions and buys cars to resell ( much like many many dealerships), so there's no real way how the previous owners treated the car.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Those wheels were available from Tirerack and, as was mentioned, are very light. It looks like a car that was owned by a gentlemen in Rockville, same color outside and in and the same wheels, who now has a Canyon Red Evora. Jaime might be able to give you the full history on this one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies! I spoke with Jamie today and he was indeed a good guy. He seemed to know the car very well. Said the previous owner turned it in for an Evora. He wasn't too hot on the wheels but I really like them.

Top Flight - I think you're right about the wheels.

philethier - Jamie said the letters aren't raised on the rear. Lotus started doing that in 2007.

gooberschnot - You're right about the wheels looking the same size but Jamie said they are staggered sizes. I think it's the tire size that makes them look that way.

lotusforsale - Thanks for the advice on a hardtop. The dealership has one for sale but it's still pretty expensive. I didn't know about a CF top but will look into that.

I'm sure the car is pristine as Jamie mentioned although it's more than I want to spend. If I go for it and try to get the car, does anyone recommend a 3rd party for a ppi? I've also read that some Lotus forum members would be willing to check out cars for others in this type of situation. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts