The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Elise Options

Received the call to order my Elise from Fox Valley Motors. It would be a 2006 model with delivery in November. I purchased one last September from the first owner with 75 miles on it. Not sure just what I am going to do. :crazyeyes I have until Wed to decide and am leaving for a week in Cozumel on Monday! Anyway I acquired a copy of the available options page. Please enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told that these were the same wheels that are in the Sport package.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
So the only thing that I see from that list that I would probably prefer to have on my '05 is the LED taillights, assuming that they light the full circles. With those the new mesh without the reflectors might be cool. Otherwise, I don't need an LSD, don't want traction control, the sport pack is the same, don't want datyime running lights, and my cloth/leather seats appear to be better than the all cloth that are coming.

I guess I'm kind of glad that they didn't come out with any too desireable upgrades. Also looks like similar pricing too.

Thanks for posting that.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
LOTUS 5 said:
I was told that these were the same wheels that are in the Sport package.
It says that they are the same size as the stock wheels, so they can't be the exact same wheels - those are wider.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Daytime Driving Lights? rotfl rotfl rotfl

I'd rather have the option to buy HIDs and be trusted to turn them on myself.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Anybody have pictures of the new rear end? I probably would have gotten the AC delete if offered. Otherwise I think that I would have ordered the same car (but probably in the new BRG).

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
good news for the autx'r guys... ac deleted and lsd... look out c5 z06

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
fitfan said:
good news for the autx'r guys... ac deleted and lsd... look out c5 z06
... although it sure sounds like bad news to our autoxers that have 2005 cars already. Anybody know if Lotus plans to sneak out a couple of these 'new-spec' cars with a 2005 VIN?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Bad news for the autocrossers that already have a '05 Elise.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
The day time running lights are likely included for 2 reasons which are essentially the same. Canada requires them and there have been some accidents in which the elise was simply not seen and although they are of limited help, the new lights will increase the visibility of the cars on the road.

The rear LED lamps are probably the result of the same concerns.

I applaud Lotus for addressing the concern before it really becomes a problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Does anyone know anything specific about the LED tail lights? Are they going to be the full circles, or the same design as now?

·
Registered
259 Posts
How much does the AC weigh? Also, maybe not too bad of an idea to delete it as many people seem to have problems with it anyway.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade to the LED's from 05 cars.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
NMRJock said:
Bad news for the autocrossers that already have a '05 Elise.

Nope. The LSD is being offered as an option also on some late 2005 cars. :)

:sheep:

More info to come....

·
Registered
806 Posts
yes, what about a/c - deletion available for any 2005s?

stereo delete would have been more useful. i never have an overwhelming need to use the stereo, while the same could not be said for a/c. or at least have the option to delete both.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts