The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, first of all, I tried using the search function with various word combinations for the better part of an hour (really, I did) and still could not find a thread with the information I am looking for. I know I have seen the numbers in the past on here so I am hoping someone remembers where.

I am trying to get a reasonably close estimate to how many 2006 Elise were brought to the US. I thought a couple of thousand, but might be way off.

If anyone knows, or thinks they remember where on here they saw the data others have researched, please reply.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only thing that i've seen is from the recall thread.

user naloise - "
2.) 5,037 vehicles are impacted by the recall and this is 74.92% of total Elise/Exige cars in USA which would extrapolate out to 6,723 total production - a figure that seems to have previously been elusive.
"

I believe that is for 05 and 06 although not sure...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I think I just found my answer (yes, I know not an "official" number but seems like good reasearch and approach):

"I know there's been some discussion of how many Elises and Exiges have been sold in the U.S. I happened to be doing some research today and included the Elise and Exige in my research. The data I found shows 196 Elises registered in model year '04 (prior to Oct. '04), 2363 in '05 and 1265 in '06. It also showed 271 Exiges in '06."

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Production and registration would produce two different numbers I think? There were still '08's for sale in 2010 for example?

OK, I think I just found my answer (yes, I know not an "official" number but seems like good reasearch and approach):

"I know there's been some discussion of how many Elises and Exiges have been sold in the U.S. I happened to be doing some research today and included the Elise and Exige in my research. The data I found shows 196 Elises registered in model year '04 (prior to Oct. '04), 2363 in '05 and 1265 in '06. It also showed 271 Exiges in '06."

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

mine was one of those 196 early ones.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Production and registration would produce two different numbers I think? There were still '08's for sale in 2010 for example?
Yes, that is right, but I would think the registered ones are probabbly like 80%+ so maybe 1,500 or so 2006's. Good enough of a number for me.:D

·
Premium Member
665 Posts

Do the '04 ones have a different vin pattern? my vin is quite a bit under 200, but I'm pretty sure it was registered as an 05... Then again, nothing to say they shipped them in order.

I know the vin pattern stuff is in the service manual, but I don't have that handy right now...

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
Do the '04 ones have a different vin pattern? my vin is quite a bit under 200, but I'm pretty sure it was registered as an 05... Then again, nothing to say they shipped them in order.

I know the vin pattern stuff is in the service manual, but I don't have that handy right now...
The '04 ones' were Model Year 2005 cars that were sold, delivered and registered in calendar year 2004.

All of the first federal Elise's, whether sold/registered in 04 (first deliveries were late summer 04, I think) or in 05 were MY 05, until the 06's arrived towards the end of 05..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts