The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the runout specs for the front and rear rotors on a 06 elise? needed for MSI

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Runout? I don't know of a spec, but I would imagine any more than 0.0010 or would be noticeable on these cars.

I've never heard of rotor runout being a required check for a state safety inspection before. Your state must be very strict!!!

xtn

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my mistake i meant minimum disc thickness

·
Registered
6,656 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I believe the minimum spec for rotor thickness is 24mm.

xtn

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
The 24.9mm figure is a misprint, left over from the S1 cars. Or so I've read on this forum many times. I believe the correct figure for S2 cars is 24mm.

xtn

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
The 24.9mm figure is from the S2 service manual - I am checking if it is the same for the Fed version (the rotors are the same) and will update as soon as I have the correct figure. If you have the Fed service manual can you let me know what it says?

·
Registered
821 Posts
The 24.9mm figure is from the S2 service manual - I am checking if it is the same for the Fed version (the rotors are the same) and will update as soon as I have the correct figure. If you have the Fed service manual can you let me know what it says?

OP. check the rotor. it is imprinted on the rotor.

xtn is saying the 24.9 is a misprint in the service manual....( this has been stated on this site numerous times)...I haven't verified by looking @ my rotors, hence the suggestion to the OP

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I believe the rotors are stamped 24.0, and right or wrong they ARE stamped. I'm surprised the safety inspector doesn't know to look at the rotor itself.

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Thanks - xtn and mrcarcrazy - wish I'd known this last year when I had to get new discs due to my dealer going by the manual :(

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
As final and definitive confirmation I contacted Lotus technical support and the correct figure is 24.0mm

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Woooo hooooo! I got something right for once!

xtn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts