The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

2006 Elise with low miles - What's it worth?

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Mr.C 
#1 ·
I found the exact Elise I want and I am drunk with desire. Can some folks weigh in and tell what they think it is worth? And make any comments related to the condition that they think would be beneficial to me. Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is the listing:

2006 Lotus Elise for Sale in Cedar Creek, TX 78612

VIN: SCCPC11106HL31723
Mileage: 20,500

Seller's Notes:
2006 Polar Blue Lotus Elise, Purchased from The Collection in Coral Gables Florida October 2006, Transported to Austin Texas, Single Owner, Single Driver, Non-Smoker, Never Driven in Snow, Never driven in Rain, Always Garage Kept, Dealer Maintained, All Maintenance Records, Never Tracked, 20,000 - 21,000 Miles Presently, Hardtop, Touring Package, Starshield, Metallic Paint.

Description:
Recent Maintenance (less than 1,000 miles ago): New Rear Tires, New Front Rotors, New Disc Pads on all 4 Wheels, Overhead Cams Replaced by John Eagle Lotus of Austin (Originals were factory defective) Other Mods: De-Snorkeled (snorkel will come with car), Lower Motor Mount Inserts, Quarter Turn Fasteners for UnderPanels, Stealth Front Turnsignal Bulbs, Clear Blue Vinyl Headlight and Front Turnsignal Covers, Interstate Battery. Extra Parts: New Sector 111 Aluminum Radiator (Original Blue Model Uninstalled), LETSLA (all of the parts are present but uninstalled). Car is 25 miles outside of Austin TX and ready to drive to anywhere in the country. This is a rare and beautiful Polar Blue auto that has been meticulously maintained to include oil and filter changes every 3000 miles. This is as close to New as you will find in a used Elise.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Prices about where I would expect a dealer to price it. towards the top of the bell curve price wise for for the year. Mileage is high for the price. The shifter and radiator are nice. Most of the other options are not value adders when it comes to retail time.

Color make the car more rare, otherwise its a pretty standard Elise (I own one so pretty standard is still WAY fun).

As a friend once told me: Buying a car is a simple question. You have a pile of money, they have a car. Want to trade?

I also had a different friend tell me to only buy things that appreciate.....

Buy it for the upper 20K range, drive it, have fun with it.

#18 ·
I also had a different friend tell me to only buy things that appreciate.....

I bought my elise at the perfect time, b/c although I likely paid a little too much from the dealer, all my other "paper" assets have depreciated more in the last month!

#11 ·
I was looking at this car but I was worried because of the Overhead Cams Replaced by John Eagle Lotus of Austin (Originals were factory defective). what if there are other engine issues a few miles down the road or I am thinking to much about the replaced Cams. The car does look nice a little over priced but what r u going to do it is summer time now = higher prices.

#20 ·
I wouldn't be worried about the cam replacement.
Cam lobe wear is a well known issue on the Elige and there are many owners who had their cams replaced, including my self.

#12 ·
I'm with the group.. about 28 K. If it has maintenence records look to see if the engine coolant has been changed out along with the brake and clutch fluid. This may be a great tool for price negotiation below the 28K price. Start lower say $26500 and then move up to the price you can get. It does look clean and you will enjoy it. :UK:

#13 ·
i figure the dealer will take 30k. Maybe less. If you like it - buy it. That's what I did. Why? Because I decided that I wanted the damn car.
If you decide you want the car, go buy the car.( pre-buy inspect of course) There are only 5,649 of these left that have not been totalled. Plus or minus.

#14 ·
I paid 30K for my 06 Polar Blue Elise with about the same mileage and without the hardtop at a dealership last year. Offer them 26K-28K and see what happens. Inspection and ECU dump will tell you a lot about the car. Also see if they have both sets of keys with fobs and owners manual. It looks like it was originally equipped with the hardtop so just ask if the touring soft top and bows are included. It looks like a clean example of a Polar Blue Touring Elise. It is indeed a rare color I've never seen any other PB Elise but my own in person and even Google image searches don't show many results.

#15 ·
I would suspect that $30,000.00 would be the lowest they will go. Looks like a nice car but spend $250.00 to $300.00 to get a Lotus dealer to perform an inspection and ECU dump. It is well worth spending the money up front to know the car is sound and was not overly abused. Hope it all works out for you!

#19 ·
Although the stock market is popping a little bit today, my long term investments have been getting slaughtered over the past 5 years. Perhaps indulging in something that depreciates at a steady, predictable rate wouldn't be so bad. =-)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.