The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not interested, but I for one would LOVE to see the ECU Dump on this car. I bet this thing was driven the way an Exige should be driven. :shift::bow:

Good Luck on the Sale.

-M

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reserve price is $36500.

And you don't need an ECU dump - I think the videos show how the car was driven. Was it driven to redline? No question, all the time. But it wasn't over-revved, mis-shifted, or clutch dropped, which to me are the big things. :)

You're right though, it was driven the way they're supposed to be :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
According to the ebay link, it looks like the reserve was not met. So are the Penskes available separately, or will these still go as an option to the car buyer?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car did not sell on Ebay. A buyer from Elisetalk came and looked at the car afterwards, and it appeared likely to be sold, but that didn't pan out, so I'll likely list it again this week. If someone is interested in the Penskes, PM me about it. I would be looking for $3250 for the Penskes alone. It's going to cost me about $500 to remove them from the car, but I'm open to parting stuff out, as I want to get rid of the car and the more stock it is, the easier it'll be. Also wheels, etc are available.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you are interested in selling parts off the car then it might be a good idea to post a list with asking price. I might be interested in wheels. ;)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
John,
How did you like the Penskes? Have you tried others? Big difference?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And, the car's back on ebay again

Wheels are available as set forth in the Ebay auction. I have:

2 sets of 949 racing wheels, 12.8 lbs each, one flat black, one glossy black with machined lips.

The 4 flat black set have Kumho V710 with about 40% tread left - asking $950

The 4 glossy black machined lip wheels have Toyo R888s mounted, 80% tread left - asking $950.

Also have a set of 4 17" Kosei K1TS wheels, with older Nitto NT01s mounted. Wheels are 14.1 lbs or so (in the 14's anyway). Probably 50% tread left, but tires are older and not soft anymore - $750.

Also have a set of 4 flat black Enkei RP01s in 15 (I believe by 8", I can check). I had intended to use these as fronts, but they don't fit over the Lotus brakes. These are very popular with the Miata guys, as they're extremely light and strong, but as I say they won't fit our Lotus. The wheels are new, never mounted. They just got put into the box when I discovered they wouldn't fit on the Lotus. Anyway, I mention it just for the hell of it, who knows who has a miata too.

Penskes - They are far nicer than the Trackpack, but I can't say how they compare to the Ohlins or Nitrons with any confidence. All I can say is Penske only makes very high-quality dampers, whereas Ohlins makes mid and high quality stuff. Based upon what I know from other car applications, I believe the Penskes are comparable to the Nitron 2x, but better than the Ohlins. Of course, this is an inferred opinion, not a direct one with the Lotus. I bought the Penskes after driving someone's Elise with Penskes back to back at Horse Thief Mile with my Exige on Trackpacks. I ran a 1:02.7 in my car, and a 1:01.0 in his car. I was also taking it easy in his unfamiliar car, and am certain I could have gone into the 1:00.x's. I know, that's what they all say, but it's true.

In any case, they're extremely good dampers, and very highly adjustable - from memory, 6 compression adjustments and 42 rebound adjustments. I also mis-rememberd the original priceon the auction - They're $4250 without springs - something like $4600 with springs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts