The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
you can search the forum for posts by user mpsalm. it says is he banned but you can still see his threads he made about his car.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
stage II is fine for the SC.
That is the NA stage II --- It is absolutely terrific for the supercharged cars. I ran that on my 07 S and it is louder and lighter than the newer S stage II.

BTW - all the Cup cars offered that as a no-cost option - they didn't put the newer S one on them. The primary reason behind the difference (other than the tip) is sound - someone was worried that the original Stage II is too loud for the supercharged cars. Perhaps to some it is. I quite enjoyed its loud pops and roar.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i had stage 2 on my 05 elise, it seemed to drone too much for me on the hwy

i really like the looks of the larini twin exit sport exhaust that comes out on both sides of the rear panel but they clearly mark it was not good for the SCed cars, I wonder why?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
i had stage 2 on my 05 elise, it seemed to drone too much for me on the hwy

i really like the looks of the larini twin exit sport exhaust that comes out on both sides of the rear panel but they clearly mark it was not good for the SCed cars, I wonder why?

I am guessing it is either because of noise or the diameter of the pipe reduces in the muffler which might inhibit the superchargers performance. :shrug:

The Larini twin exit exhaust seems to run the risk of damaging the rear clam - either heat or exhaust gasses and then you have to remove the grill or get the Euro grill with the dorky round cheap-looking reflectors. I would have been nice if someone would have made an updated grill that didn't have those reflectors in it or a big circular area to accomodate that exhaust.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I love the n/a stage 2, would probably get it on an Exige S as well

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going to pick it up on cinco de mayo! :nanner::nanner::nanner:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
got it back. the pouring rain on the PA turnpike was the worst, good thing the R888's were fresh

It got a 600 miles RINSE the whole way home. now time for a bath

1 - 10 of 10 Posts