The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
First of all, I am not selling this nor am I in anyway associated with them. Was just checking up on my usual lotus results on autotrader (for kicks, because I have already found the one I am getting) but it looked like a good deal (considering what I have seen some sold for on here) so I figured I will post it.
Ardent red 2006 Exige with 24k miles in VA:
Washington Boulevard Motors - 2006 Lotus Exige Coupe - Arlington, Virginia

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
their phone line won't go through, get numerous error messages. Wonder if it has starshield.

Sounds like a decent car though!

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,626 Posts
their phone line won't go through, get numerous error messages. Wonder if it has starshield.

Sounds like a decent car though!
FYI - after the huge storm that came thru VA Friday night, many phone lines are down. I haven't had phone service all day. If you're interested in the car, try Sunday or Monday.

--Bob Collum

·
Registered
36 Posts
I called about car. Received a back call Monday to come by Dina.
Went to see it on Tuesday. Car was not there.
It was out getting a new clutch and would be gone a week. Asked to see it anyway in repair shop.
They said no. I'll never go back. Jerks.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Link now shows sold.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
here is what I received!!

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking interest in the 2006 Lotus. The vehicle has gone through
our "in house inspection" and we have taken care of the items that needed
attention and repairs. Among the items that needed to be replaced were the
clutches, the breaks. Please feel free to ask your sales representative for a
full detail. Though the totals repair costs were over ($7000.00) we have updated
the price to only $37995.00."

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I don't believe that the brakes and the clutch were $7k in repairs. I have done the clutch myself and a majority of us have done the brakes ourselves, and I think we all know, even after doing TOP OF THE LINE PARTS, you are still going to be below $7k for repairs. Unless of course they did a BIG brake kit on the front and rear at the same time.

Seems like they realised that had it REALLY under priced and decided to raise the price on it quite a bit. Other than that, $31k would have been a great deal.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Wow, it has "clutches" and "breaks"? Sure hope my next clutches and breaks don't cost me $7000!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, they raised it by $7k and came up with that weak excuse!!!
SHAME ON THEM

·
Registered
41 Posts
I should clarify - they told me they were replacing the clutch and brake pads and THEN took my deposit without ever stating the price would be affected or asking whether I wished anything to be done at additional cost.

·
Registered
224 Posts
In all fairness, that price better reflects the market price at the moment. Not sure if they messed up the first time around, or after replacing all parts they decided to sell at marketvalue.

Either way, GL for the people that are looking at this car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
After I rationally stated my objection to the unilateral increase, I did not receive any response until I involved the VA dealer regulation board. Nevertheless, I did have a presale inspection done by a lotus dealer and have decided to pass on the vehicle. If someone on here is seriously considering the car, I would be happy to share some info.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I did have a presale inspection done by a lotus dealer and have decided to pass on the vehicle.
They find something then?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wait a sec, so you could have made them sell it to you for the original price?

·
Registered
41 Posts
wait a sec, so you could have made them sell it to you for the original price?
not exactly, but they were looking at fines, etc. so they wanted to make a deal with me. To their credit, they did apologize for how the matter was handled- though it only came after they were looking at administrative action.

They find something then?
For one, the ecu dump was worthless as the vin per the ecu did not match the car. Too many questions for the long distance purchase. The inspecting dealer was very straight with me and opined on what would be a fair retail price for the car considering its condition.

The search continues...

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
not exactly, but they were looking at fines, etc. so they wanted to make a deal with me. To their credit, they did apologize for how the matter was handled- though it only came after they were looking at administrative action.

For one, the ecu dump was worthless as the vin per the ecu did not match the car. Too many questions for the long distance purchase. The inspecting dealer was very straight with me and opined on what would be a fair retail price for the car considering its condition.

The search continues...
FYI....the ECU dumps for the 06's are suspect anyway. It has to do with a hiccup in the software related to switching over to DBW.

I had an 06 Exige which, at one point, showed an ecu dump with a top RPM in excess of 13K. I KNOW I never missed a gear, which was the only way to get that number, and aside from the mechanic at the Lotus dealer I was the only driver. 13K would destroy the engine and oil pump, anyway, and the car ran fine.

The dealer looked into it, Lotus Cars USA looked into it, Lotus Hethel looked into it, and I wound up with a letter from Lotus Hethel acknowledging a hiccup in the stock ECU, and that as of that date no ECU data should be considered valid. Letter conveyed to next owner.

In other words, more than a few 2006 ECU's were completely reflashed under authority of Lotus Hethel because of a hiccup in the software.

Just sayin'.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts