The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying a 2006 Exige and I was wondering what the different options and models there where in that year,and what are the pros and cons of each model.Thanks for the help in advance.
Oldog (I'm not that old):wallbang:

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Really not too many available options, you can go track pack, touring pack, limited slip. You can easily upgrade whatever you get, if you want LSD it might be easier to buy a car with it already installed.

LSD is better for auto x than if you're going to track the car from what I've heard.
I have the touring pack with power windows. Some guys like the hand cranks but I think they're heavier.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Just one model. 190HP same as Elise. LSD and traction control were options. as well as touring and trackpack. I'm sure with some google skills you could find the 2006 sales brochure to show you everything.

Pretty much it's a top of the line 05/06 elise with the exige bodykit. Elise people argue it's heavier and you can't see out the back (both true), Exige people argue it looks better and handles better on the track due to increased downforce.

With that said, you can also get an Elise cheaper then get an exige front and rear clam and roof and have the same thing. All up to what is worth it to you.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Personally, I'd look at an 06 Exige with all options (except LSD if you're tracking it). You can purchase aftermarket supercharger kits for 06 Exiges that make MORE power than the 07 and 08 ExigeS.

Personally I think converting an Elise into an Exige would be too cost prohibitive (sp) plus you cant get the adjustable suspension etc on the older elises AFAIK. So then you're looking at $3000 +/- sets of shocks etc. Different seats too etc.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'm interested in buying a 2006 Exige and I was wondering what the different options and models there where in that year,and what are the pros and cons of each model.Thanks for the help in advance.
Just remember, when you actually go looking for one, you may have to adjust your 'wants' with the reality of what's actually available. I believe only about 250 '06 Exiges total were sold in the US.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark at HRM has a 06 coming in that I might be looking at.
THANKS..

·
Banned
34 Posts

Here is a list of the options for the 2006 Lotus Exige:

Touring Pack – $1,350: Full Leather Seat and Door Trim,
Electric Windows, Uprated Stereo System, Stowage Net,
Additional Sound Insulation and Full Carpets Set. Interior
Available in Black Leather Only.

Metallic Paint – $590: Arctic Silver, Aubergine Purple,
Canyon Red, Magnetic Blue, Nightfall Blue, Polar Blue,
Racing Green, Solar Yellow, Starlight Black and Storm Titanium.

Lifestyle Paint – $1,200: Aspen White, Autumn Gold, Chili Red,
Chrome Orange, Graphite Gray, Krypton Green, Laser Blue
and Phantom Black.

Limited Slip – $1,790: For Use in Slow Speed High RPM/Power
Settings in Lower Gears to Reduce the Tendency to Spin the
Inside Rear Tire. Includes Traction Control with a Console
Mounted Switch to Disable the Traction Control System.

Track Pack – $2,495: Adjustable Bilstein Dampers with Remote
Front Reservoirs and Threaded Spring Perches. Compression
and Rebound are Adjusted Together with a Single Knob. 5-way
Adjustable Front Anti-Sway Bar for Tuning Roll Stiffness. Rear
Track Link to Reinforce Stiffen Rear Suspension Pick Up Points.

Traction Control – $495: Modulates Power Through Engine
Control Module in Order to Maximize Grip. Includes a Console
Mounted Switch to Disable the Traction Control System.

A/C Delete – $250: Delete Fitment of Air Conditioner System.

Starshield – $995: Clear Protective Film (Port Installed).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Really not too many available options, you can go track pack, touring pack, limited slip. You can easily upgrade whatever you get, if you want LSD it might be easier to buy a car with it already installed.

LSD is better for auto x than if you're going to track the car from what I've heard.
I have the touring pack with power windows. Some guys like the hand cranks but I think they're heavier.
The manual windows are just barely heavier, by a few ounces. That is probably offset by the lack of carpet. I'm not sure if the standard cloth seats are lighter than the leather seats, but I would wager yes. the touring pack shouldn't be a huge deciding factor in any event.

The touring pack might be nice to have for some people, but it's not a necessity. And when are you talking about ~290 '06 Exiges out there (minus those wrecked), you can't be too picky.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
When I found my Exige all I cared about was the color. All the other options are rather minor by comparison IMPO.

In fact I don't even know if I have track pack or LSD. rotfl

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
When I found my Exige all I cared about was the color. All the other options are rather minor by comparison IMPO.

In fact I don't even know if I have track pack or LSD. rotfl
I was the same way. Right color and was local in Houston. Turned out I got everything but track pack which was fine. I'll just add the rest with upgrades. With ~300 of these 06's in the states, finding one that isn't on the east or west coast in your color is a PITA....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Touring Pack

In hindsight, I wish my car had the Touring Pack, as hand-crank windows on a >$50k car is odd, as is the lack of leather interior. On the other hand, the fabric seats certainly breath better (and may be lighter), but I bet the additional sound proofing would help as well.

But I got the color and better yet, the price I wanted, so I can't complain.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
In hindsight, I wish my car had the Touring Pack, as hand-crank windows on a >$50k car is odd, as is the lack of leather interior. On the other hand, the fabric seats certainly breath better (and may be lighter), but I bet the additional sound proofing would help as well.

But I got the color and better yet, the price I wanted, so I can't complain.

I'll take that bet on the sound proofing. Toss a t-shirt behind the seat, probably gain the same effect. rotfl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts