The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is with much sadness that I have decided to put my 2006 Exige up for sale. I have some other prioritites in my life right now that I have to take care of which means I just do not have the time to enjoy this beautiful car. It is my firm belief that these cars are not museum pieces and should be driven regularly.

I have had the car since late last year after owning an Elise for two years. The ownership experience has been nothing but joyful. Both my cars never let me down.

Since getting the car I have made a number of changes and improvements to ensure reliability and performance:

The details:

2006 Solar Yellow Lotus Exige with Vision Function 2 SC and Charlie-X tune. The install was done at Vision Function approximately 8,000 miles ago. Don't have a dyno plot but having ridden in an S260, this car would trounce it. It is neck snapping fast.

Sports pack and Touring pack. Dual oil coolers (one replaced during oil line recall) ,TC, Track pack shocks.

Current mileage is 18,445 miles.

Body work is in excellent condition with no damage or paintwork anywhere on the car. The front splitter has no curb damage.

Tires (AO48's) are less than 3,000 miles old and have a ton of tread left.

Clear and free Indiana title, clean car fax.

Less than 400 miles ago I had the oil line recall done, a brand new Pro-rad triple pass radiator fitted, coolant flush and replacement and followed it up with a full alignment. All work was completed by TJ at Gator Motorsports in Indy. These guys are the best at what they do. ($1600).

All fluids and filters were changed less than 200 miles ago- Mobil 1 engine Oil, Motul Brake Fluid, Redline MT-90 Transmission oil.

To capture the oil blowby I fitted Radium dual catch cans ($420). These have less than 100 miles on them.

To make the car breath right and sound right I stripped away the back end and fitted a BWR Quater stick exhaust with heat wrap and fitted a Difflow Railer Jnr diffuser. The car sounds like it moves now. If you have never heard a QS exhaust on full throttle, it is awesome. ($1300)

I have done the soft top conversion and if the car sells for asking I will include the double lined soft top.

I wanted repeated start ability and I don't track (save that for my Triumph 675:UK:) I fitted an Optima Red battery.

Hids are fitted as well as all supplemental lighting being LED. I disabled the DRL as they are just annoying.

The head unit is a JVC Nav/Hdd/CD unit. Easily connects to your phone through Bluetooth for music streaming or hands free talking on the phone.

EDIT: Center console with boost and oil temp gauages. Calipers freshly painted matt black with yellow raised lotus lettering.

I will be back in a Lotus someday but for now I have to say goodbye to this one.

Asking price is - Update- $40k

Please PM for more details. Car is located in Fishers, IN.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Potential buyers should get all agreements in writing with this Seller. This is based on my first hand experience in trying to buy his orange Elise a couple of months ago. Note this is not a comment on the car, which I am not familiar with, but on the Seller that I am familiar with.

I am also available to discuss my experience with the Seller, please PM me directly if you would like additional information.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Potential buyers should get all agreements in writing with this Seller. This is based on my first hand experience in trying to buy his orange Elise a couple of months ago. Note this is not a comment on the car, which I am not familiar with, but on the Seller that I am familiar with.
I had multiple buyers after that car, some with better offers and terms than others. Please PM me directly if you would like to discuss further.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car is still available.

I spent months searching for the right Exige. I am VERY particular about my cars and it is reflected in the condition of this one.

Driving season is here and this car deserves to be driven.

Text/PM/email with questions and offers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.