The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all.
I'm considering looking into increasing the performance on my 2006 Exige.
I've have been digging through the search function, alas i keep coming up with old threads.
I know boost will be the best course as I want to keep the stock drive train. This will be a predominantly street driven car. I am located in Virginia.
Is getting to 300rwhp a realistic goal?
Looking for input.

Thank you.

Lane

·
Premium Member
786 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
300 would be high if you need to respect emissions. I think the transition to supercharged is the biggest jump and then dollars per HP start climbing with little return

IOW the difference between a 280 hp car and a 300hp car is pretty tiny performance wise

BOEs bigger blower and a water cooled intercooler is probably the best solution, then figure out how crazy you want to get

·
Administrator
4,407 Posts
REV 400 as others said. The closer you get to 300 the less reliable your gearbox will become and then you'll need to upgrade that as well once it fails.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I have an '06 Exige as well. I would advise you to leave it normally aspirated. If you want more performance just throw as much of the dead weight out of it as you can. The car is just as much fun to drive on the road or track with or without super charging. I hate to admit it but I also have a supercharged track Exige and yes my track times are 10 seconds out of roughly 2 minutes faster on the supercharged car but my cornering speeds are comparable if not faster on the normally aspirated car. It's way less hassle and just about as much fun.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts