Discussion Starter #1
2006 Lotus Elise in Maryland
Nightfall Blue
Less than 17K miles
New Yokohama tires
Stock except for Clarion stereo and Polk speakers
Heater/AC blower unit has been replaced

Asking $25,000

I am not a Lotus aficionado; this is my father's car. He has gone into a nursing home and for obvious reasons no longer needs it. It runs perfectly, and is a blast to drive. I have thought long and hard about buying it from my father, but I have a Ducati that already gets all of my spare attention. Apart from what I have listed above, I don't know much about these cars. I had to look up the name of the color and if the stereo was stock. It is clean and in good shape. It seems a perfect match for someone who loves these cars and wants one to enjoy and fuss over like I do with my Ducati.

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
PM also sent, am in Maryland.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Updated info

Wow; LOTS of inquiries about the car. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you all. After reading the questions most of you asked in PMs and looking through the boards learning more about these cars, I realize there is more info I need to provide to you all. Like I said before I don't know much about Lotuses so pardon my learning as I go.

My dad did have a fun incident in a parking garage once. He hit the curb when parking and cracked the bottom of the front piece of body work. The crack was just to the passenger side of the spot where a license plate bracket would appear to go. The bottom edge of that body work was scraped fairly raw for about 18 inches to the right of the crack. It was low speed but it did cause a break in the fiberglass. He also hit the passenger side mirror on something and scraped the edge of the passenger side wheel. The tire had a scrape on the sidewall; the rim had a noticeable nick right above the scrape. I suspect he was trying to pull close to the wall and leave as much space between him and the car on the drivers side as possible and misjudged how much room he had on the passenger side. Of course, I don't have any pictures of the damage. I wish I did because I am making it sound so much worse than it was. I just want to make sure everything is out in the open.

The repair work was done at Criswell in Gaithersburg, MD. They replaced what you all call the clam shell. I was pretty surprised the whole thing had to be replaced, but I told them to not be conservative in their estimate and to fix everything properly. They replaced the rim; the tire made me nervous so I wanted that replaced. I had them do them all so I wouldn't end up with 1 new tire and 3 older ones. This is also when the blower motor and resistor was replaced. I told to them that the fan didn't work; they said it was common and the best thing to do was to replace it when they had the front bodywork off. They did a nice job on everything, and like I said in my original post the car looks great.

I don't have any service records; my dad just didn't keep them. He wasn't the original owner. He bought it used from a dealership in Prince Frederick.

There are no issues with the title. I have it; it's not a salvage title; it's the original mileage, etc. There is nothing weird or sketchy about it. There is still a lein against it from the bank he has the loan through. Once I have someone who I am positive will buy the car; I will pay off the loan. As you can imagine, I am going to want to be really sure the person is ready to buy given I will be paying off the loan from my savings.

I don't have a carfax account, but here is the VIN as requested by many of you. SCCPC111X6Hl30515

Now that I have provided more complete info, can we start over and RE-PM me if you are still interested?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
sent a couple PMs, never received a reply, maybe he realized that he could sell it for quite a bit more

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lien release in hand (finally) and some things I had to take care of for my dad resolved. I am once again looking to sell the Elise. There were requests for pics of the interior and engine compartment. Here they are.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts