The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have for sale a 2006 Lotus Elise, that has 16.005 miles at the moment.

Only 1,079 Elises were imported in 2006, there are only 21 in the Krypton Green Lifestyle paint.

This particular car was produced in October 2005, arrived to United States in December the same year and finally sold and registered in California in April 2007.

Base Model: No sport or touring package. Star shield installed. Windows tinted. Center console and AC surrounding painted the same color as car.

ECU and Oil line recall recently completed by the Lotus dealer in Glenview, IL.

Just serviced (oil, oil and air filter replaced, new brake fluid, wheel alignment)

Car looks and runs great. No curb rashes on the alloy wheels, Yokohama Advan Neova tires have plenty of tread. Paint looks even better in person. No dents underneath the car, no spiderwebs on the fiberglass. Can provide more detailed or specific photos upon request if needed.

Comes with the maintenance record book and the original owner’s handbook. Also has 2 keys with the alarm fobs.

Unfortunately, the insurance company decided to total the car due to a dead rodent under the dashboard, because of the high labor involved to clean it. Entire interior was stripped down, washed, and disinfected. Currently this car has a rebuilt title.

Car is located in Chicago, IL. Asking $29.000.

res IMG_0604.jpg

res IMG_0610_1.jpg

res IMG_0615.jpg

res IMG_0618_1.jpg

res IMG_0632.jpg

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,686 Posts
WOW....a whole DAY and this isn't sold yet ?!?!?!?!?!??? amazing price !

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Great looking car but the price reflects a rebuilt title. It's definitely a good deal for someone that wants one and keep it forever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No discussion of price allowed unless the OP asks for it. This will be your only warning.

Marketplace Rules:
1. No for sale threads with just a link to an eBay, Craigslist, or any other site ad. Take the time to actually make a decent for sale thread.

2. Pictures sell items/cars, please post pictures with for sale threads.

3. No "testing waters" threads, no "just wanting to see what I can get" threads, no "feeler" threads. Although it’s acceptable to list an item OBO, or post an item and ask for everyone's best offer.

4. Discussion following the normal rules of the forums welcomed, but no comments on price allowed unless the OP specifically asks for it. Otherwise, take it to PMs.

5. If market place rules are not followed when posting a for sale thread, it will get deleted.

San

·
* Acme Super Moderator * ** The Enforcer **
6,888 Posts
Thought i sent a private message...
This isn't the first time you've commented on price in a Lotus for Sale (Marketplace) thread. Given you've just joined our forum and only have a few posts, you're not starting off on the right foot. Please pay attention to the forum and marketplace rules.

OP, I'm sorry for the hijack. GLWS.

San

·
Registered
2 Posts
is this the same car? If so, it seems like it’s more than just a dead rodent.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was not aware of that thread, but indeed it looks that it is the same Lotus. As I mentioned previously, entire interior was stripped down, disinfected, cleaned, washed, ozoned twice. Lotus has aluminium chassis and does not have a lot of small various parts, therefore it was not that bad to clean it, as in the case of other modern cars. This was a base model, so there is no insulation. Black tape that covers wiring harness was replaced as well as the foam on the sharp edges. The smell is gone, which anyone can confirm after checking this car in person. I have owned quite a few Lotuses in over the past 10 years and I have striped down these cars many times. It is not difficult, but takes a lot of time which I have spent on this car inspecting every detail. Please see photos below!

·
Registered
916 Posts
entire interior was stripped down, disinfected, cleaned, washed, ozoned twice.
Great job. You did exactly what the Lotus dealer should have done when they received the car. Not difficult, but time consuming.

GLWS

·
Addict
1,278 Posts
I recall the thread linked above and at that time I thought someone would get a good deal on this. It sounds like you've fixed the issues and as long as the wiring is also in good shape it still sounds like a good deal. I'd take it if I was in the market for a second Elige. GLWS

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.