The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Lotus. I have a 2006 Lotus Elise. The previous customer had cut a hole through the tailgate lid because he was not able to get into the trunk. He figured the best solution would be to cut a hole. I've sent the tailgate to get fixed, but the issue I'm running into is the lock. I went to Lotus to order the part, but they would only sell me the whole lockset, which would mean I have to change every single lock on the vehicle. I don't mind having a separate key for the vehicle, as it'll allow me to access the trunk without having the remove the key from the ignition. The problem I'm running into is finding a lock that will fit the vehicle. From reading various forums, I've read that the lock is the same as a Vauxhall Astra, which should be a GM part. I'm located in Canada. Would you know of other vehicles that use the same lock (a part number would be very helpful)? Or would you mind sharing another solution?

Thank you in advance!

Essam

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm new to Lotus. I have a 2006 Lotus Elise. The previous customer had cut a hole through the tailgate lid because he was not able to get into the trunk. He figured the best solution would be to cut a hole. I've sent the tailgate to get fixed, but the issue I'm running into is the lock. I went to Lotus to order the part, but they would only sell me the whole lockset, which would mean I have to change every single lock on the vehicle. I don't mind having a separate key for the vehicle, as it'll allow me to access the trunk without having the remove the key from the ignition. The problem I'm running into is finding a lock that will fit the vehicle. From reading various forums, I've read that the lock is the same as a Vauxhall Astra, which should be a GM part. I'm located in Canada. Would you know of other vehicles that use the same lock (a part number would be very helpful)? Or would you mind sharing another solution?

Thank you in advance!

Essam
I have one, I cut the bracket that holds it to use in my aero catch setup but the lock is still there all good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts