·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Lotus Elise
Color: Polar Blue/Tan Interior
Mileage: 214,000
Sport Package

I'm the original owner purchased from South Bay Lotus.
Used as a daily driver, never tracked.
Runs/Drives great
Maintained by Harry at A1 Automotive in Alhambra / San Gabriel
Car has front and rear clam damage. No Structural Damage.
Front clam has damage from semi truck tread.
Rear clam damage is from a drunk backing out and not seeing my car next to him in parking lot.
Mechanical issues: ABS module needs replacing. Heater/Blower fan switch not working.
Interior: Stitching has separated on leather Probax seats
Soft top stitching is separating along leading edge.
Needs tires.

I had planned on doing the cosmetic body repairs myself (thought it would be a fun project)
but a new business venture is taking all my time.
Located in Joshua Tree, CA

Great entry Lotus Elise for someone with the skills to repair

$20,000 or Make me an offer.

Thanks, Murph

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,397 Posts
Is the mileage correct above (198,000)? Also, you need to post a price. It can be unrealistic and OBO (exp. $30K OBO) but you still need to post a price. Thanks.

San

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My apologies the car is back for sale.
The day I listed the car I had a deposit to hold the car until he got back from overseas this month but that is not going to happen now so I'm taking offers again.
Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Really glad to see you enjoyed this car fully!
I concur. This is epic...original owner bought the car brand new, and then daily drove it for 14 years, 200,000 miles...that's just rad!

Car has front and rear clam damage. Front clam has damage from semi truck tread. Rear clam damage is from a drunk backing out and not seeing my car next to him in parking lot.
Unfortunately, this part just proves what so many of us know, that using a car this small, this compromised and this fragile as a daily...well, a busted clamshell is a matter of when, not if.

Got any pics of the interior? I'd love to see what 200k miles looks like on the cockpit.

Great color, BTW, GLWS. Great opportunity to get into an Elise for a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm well over 100k myself, might have gotten to 200k if I didn't store it for a few years when I moved. Great to know I'm not the only one who thinks the joy of these cars is in driving them. Fully agree that you shouldn't shy away because of the mileage - only issue vs other cars that I've seen is the fragile cosmetics as I'm on my third front clam (both due to low speed impacts from unexpected reverses while parked at a gas station and parking garage). I've found the Toyota engine and all aluminum body age far better than most other cars. If you can do some or all of the work yourself the cost of maintaining is quite low. Had about all the known issues fixed over the years and just finished a top to bottom 'refresh' with my sons which was a lot of fun and has the car driving like new. Good luck with the sale and your next car.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,123 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts