The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Lotus Sport ECU + Green Filter for sale both barely used

Well I am looking to sell my sport ECU for cash plus trade of a stock 06 Exige ECU. The ECU was in for 15 hours of drive time according to the ECU dump, so probably less than 1000 miles, not that it really matters.

The ECU is over $1000 new from the dealer and they take your stock unit.

I'll sell for $750 OBO + stock ECU......gotta get rid of this and get a stock unit soon.

I am only selling this because I will be going with a custom tune with my new engine and think its stupid to ruin the factory warrantied tune in this ECU. If I didn't blow my motor I would no doubt be keeping this. It is exactly how the tune SHOULD have been from the factory....PS The motor was blown from an overrev misshift, not from the ECU...just incase anyone was worried.

This ECU lowers the cam changeover to 5800 from the stock 6200 and it smooths out the mid and lower powerband and maintains the factory warranty.

I'd prefer to sell locally because that will make the trade easier. I will even swap the ECU for you if you bring your car by.

Not entirely sure if it matters but I did have traction control. I dont care if the ECU I get has TC.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I have a barely used Green filter, maybe 250 miles. I also have an unopened green filter cleaning and oiling kit. I'll sell both for $50 shipped.
dibby do's on the green stuff :)

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Not entirely sure if it matters but I did have traction control. I dont care if the ECU I get has TC.
I think (i.e., double-check this) that all the ECUs include the TC program, which disables itself after a few power cycles if it doesn't detect the TC switch. So if you swap with a non-TC owner, you could reinstate TC with a reflash. And your buyer could add TC for the price of a harness and switch.

Good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Bump for a good deal on the ECU. I did the same thing and it really is noticable. For $750 and keeping the warranty, it is probably one of your best mods.

And bump for a great person to deal with :)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump for a good deal on the ECU. I did the same thing and it really is noticable. For $750 and keeping the warranty, it is probably one of your best mods.

And bump for a great person to deal with :)
Thanks man. I still love the seat! admittedly I still go sit in the car in the garage and strap in when I miss it even though it wont be running for at least another month. haha

I think (i.e., double-check this) that all the ECUs include the TC program, which disables itself after a few power cycles if it doesn't detect the TC switch. So if you swap with a non-TC owner, you could reinstate TC with a reflash. And your buyer could add TC for the price of a harness and switch.

Good luck on the sale.
Good info, thanks.

You have a PM
You have a reply :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts