The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yep, I'm coaching friends and family to reconsider the urgency of a purchasing a vehicle right this minute. Prices are not aligning with inventories I've looked into, so it's only a matter of time.

Anybody buying a car in this market and factoring in potentially favorable resale value... well, you've been warned.

BUT...on the flip side...what is a year of memories worth? So you put off buying an elise (which is still not a very expensive car at 50-60k in the market today)......in hopes of what? Some economic slow down...at some time down the road?. So the fed has said they are not adjusting interest rates until end of 2023 (which is the biggest driver of the economy)..but no one knows really IF and when the dip will be.

So all this waiting for what?....in hopes the market goes down 10-15k?. How many years do you put this off in those hopes, and what is your enjoyment worth.

I know for me the wait is not worth it. I have a 14 year old son and we are going to get out on the track. Should I have said....well...we will wait till the economy crashes?

Lots of factors go into purchases and finances are relative. But a 10-20k premium is not worth putting off the purchase for me. And I dont know what you think they are going to drop to? And if the economy crashes, is your income fixed? Do you have no worries that the same amount of money comes in so your buying power is equalized? Are you factoring in inflation/hyperinflation?

No thanks. GREAT time to buy one of these cars. IF the market dips. It will recover. They are not making cars like this anymore and I think the value will be held if not continue to appreciate.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.