·
Administrator
8,327 Posts
Reopened

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My fears about listing to the auction sites were realized. While the car did sell at a price we were happy with the buyer flaked after a couple weeks of back and forth regarding financing availability. I can provide additional details about that situation if necessary.

Professional photos of the vehicle were taken for the auction and you can find those at the page below.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the car and PM me if you would like to make an offer.

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Exige Garage Art
316 Posts
I thought you were supposed to get a new relisting. A lifetime ban is only a new email address away from being a non issue. Maybe they've grown too big to care. If sales fall through stats could be determined and published maybe they'd start to care, and share the collected fee with seller for their troubles?

Anyway... glws.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
BAT does retain the original buyers fee and I actually asked about stats for instances like ours. They said less than 2% of their auctions end in a "no sale". They mentioned rarely offering a relisting but did give us that option if we could wait another 4-6 weeks. The customer support team was actually really helpful when things started to go south and they are refunding the photo and auction fees in full. Still disappointed with the experience given the time we had into getting the car live on their site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was the 2nd highest bidder on the car. NoClassic was great to work with and completely honest and upfront during our discussions after BAT put us in touch. From what I can tell (I haven't seen it in person) the car looks great and someone is really going to get a great car.

My home search significantly accelerated over the last month, and unfortunately buying in New England and buying a lotus at the same time just don't go hand in hand. My loss will be someone else's gain.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If sales fall through stats could be determined and published maybe they'd start to care, and share the collected fee with seller for their troubles?
Yep, the fair thing would be BAT giving at least 50%, perhaps all, of the buyer's fee to the seller since it ties up the car from being sold elsewhere.

I would also like to see BAT allow sellers to require an additional deposit of 1% - 10% escrow, or something similar. It's a complicated problem and you don't want to encourage seller fraud, but right now BAT is way too unserious-buyer-friendly.

·
Administrator
8,327 Posts
closed

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.