The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think? My opinion is that it is a vast improvement (from what I can see) over the current car. It takes a little bit of the show car from this past year and mixes in a little 1st gen and some 6. Overall, very nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,642 Posts
I think it's ugly. But I like that red car above it. I wonder what that is.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The red car above the "2006 Miata" looks like the next gen NSX.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I think it's a great improvement, the flares and the new lines of the hood.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Looks like blend of S2000 front and TT sides to me.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
MickOpalak said:
I think it's ugly. But I like that red car above it. I wonder what that is.
It is the NSX replacement called the HSC which Honda has now cancelled.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Little Bastard said:
Is the car on the left the mazda miata coupe? ...
Yes. it was at the LA auto show as well.... concept, not production.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
The Rx8, Mazda 3 and 6 were good indications what the new miata is going to look like. This pic really confirms that for me. I like it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
_JD_ said:
It is the NSX replacement called the HSC which Honda has now cancelled.
If Honda would use that concept to design a smaller mid-engine sports car, it'd be nice. Make it at most the size of the S2000, but with yet more low and mid range grunt to "put a grin silly grin" on my face :D They are going to cancel the s2000 sometime soon aren't they?

I like that miata concept btw. It still looks a little girly though, but it looks much better in coupe form.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: the Mazdaspeed 6 -

I wonder how they increased torsional rigidity 40%? I assume it's the same bodyshell and platform. Usually you see a claim like this only for an entirely new platform. I would be curious to know how much heavier the MS6 is.

DLY

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I'm quite tempted to sell my Elise for $10,000 profit and pick up one of these. I know that I'm not going to be able to take advantage of all of the Elise's capabilities, so I'm just indulging my ego by buying such a hot, spectacular car. The new Mazda would probably be more than adequate for my needs. I just can't bring myself to give up the Elise dream.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts