The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the Super Charger, is there any other reason to buy a 2007 over a 2006?

Are there any reasons why a 2006 Exige may be a better choice than a 2007?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Question 1: No, not really, although it could have some factory warranty left.
Question 2: It should be cheaper. And might be cheap enough to put on an aftermarket supercharger that would deliver more power and still be less than a 2007 if you buy right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
2007 had a headlight update. Minor I know...I'm just saying. :cool:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Unless you can get the 06 at least 10k cheaper then it's not worth putting an aftermarket supercharger on it vs just getting an 07.

Just my 2cents. :)

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I've owned both the '06 Exige (N/A) and the '07 Exige S.

Both are great cars, if money were no object I would own both.

The build quality on my '07 seems better, but that isn't necessarily a trend as the cars are hand built.

Either way, you can't go wrong... these are fun cars.

·
Registered
341 Posts
One thing to consider is you can add a s/c to an 06 and still maintain some rear visibility. While it is limited, it is better than nothing IMO.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If I may put a little twist on this thread...

If your end game is to have a 300 HP car (or somewhat near), which year is your better starting point?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If I may put a little twist on this thread...

If your end game is to have a 300 HP car (or somewhat near), which year is your better starting point?
06, unless you can get an 07 for the same price, then you can sell off the stuff you are upgrading.

·
Registered
191 Posts
06, unless you can get an 07 for the same price, then you can sell off the stuff you are upgrading.
So the 07 supercharger and related bits don't advance the game at all over the 06 (in terms of going to 300HP)? All will be replaced (with a TVS for example) with either car?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
07 sc is the same as what's in the vf kit (what I run). But if you go tvs then you can recoup money by selling the S SC/IC/piping.

I'm putting down 292rwhp with the mp62 though...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless you can get the 06 at least 10k cheaper then it's not worth putting an aftermarket supercharger on it vs just getting an 07.

Just my 2cents. :)
I agree 100%

·
Registered
191 Posts
07 sc is the same as what's in the vf kit (what I run). But if you go tvs then you can recoup money by selling the S SC/IC/piping.

I'm putting down 292rwhp with the mp62 though...
So...., excuse my ignorance here but I am confused.

Does the vision function kit replace the existing 07 mp62 with a "new improved version"? If not, wouldn't the 07 give you a leg up on this supercharger option over an 06 since it already has the mp62 in place? In other words wouldn't the vf kit on an 07 be a much cheaper than on an 06?

and....292rwhp, jeez your face must be tired from smiling all the time!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
So...., excuse my ignorance here but I am confused.

Does the vision function kit replace the existing 07 mp62 with a "new improved version"? If not, wouldn't the 07 give you a leg up on this supercharger option over an 06 since it already has the mp62 in place? In other words wouldn't the vf kit on an 07 be a much cheaper than on an 06?

and....292rwhp, jeez your face must be tired from smiling all the time!!!!!!
You could possibly buy just all the supporting pieces to the kit and use the mp62. But I don't know what the cost would be on that. You would need to talk to Jermaine on it. I think the whole kit is only $6200 for stage1 (don't quote me on that, haven't looked in a while). Then you will need a clutch and fuel pump if you go stage3.

It all depends on how cheap you could get an 07 for over an 06 though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You could possibly buy just all the supporting pieces to the kit and use the mp62. But I don't know what the cost would be on that. You would need to talk to Jermaine on it. I think the whole kit is only $6200 for stage1 (don't quote me on that, haven't looked in a while). Then you will need a clutch and fuel pump if you go stage3.

It all depends on how cheap you could get an 07 for over an 06 though.
I got it, thanks. It seems a nice low mileage 07 can be had for about $40k, and the 06s seem to be bumping around $36k, so probably a toss up on best route.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I got it, thanks. It seems a nice low mileage 07 can be had for about $40k, and the 06s seem to be bumping around $36k, so probably a toss up on best route.
Then go for color. :) If you are going to track alot, then at least plan for suspension upgrades or get one with track pack.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found and bought a 2006 Black Exige yesterday!

Thanks for the replies and you can find my into post in the Exige part of the forum.

+anthony

1 - 18 of 18 Posts