·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my 2006 “Phantom Black” Elise.
Located in Manchester, NH (03102)
27,510 miles as of 1/11/2021
Asking $26,500 with wing. (priced fairly lower than low mileage clean title cars due to rebuilt title.)
Recalls have been addressed.
Hardtop only.
Full repaint with OEM paint code “B123” July 2020
Chassis wing.
Oil changed every 3,000 miles (sometimes less) (5w40 shell rotella full synth)
New radio head unit.
Rota wheels (195f) (225r)
Slotted rotors.
New battery.
New hardtop weather gasket.
New wiper.
Tow hook license plate bracket.
(New K&N oil filter and oil changed 10/29/2020 @ ~27,550 miles)
Washed regularly.
Very well maintained.
Shifts flawlessly.
Carpets recently cleaned.
I do not have the OEM wheels, but prefer the lighter Rota's anyway.

It does have a rebuilt title but the accident left zero mechanical issues. I think the first owner got hit in the front end, I don't know how, why, where, or when. The only problem with the entire car is that the door has to be slightly lifted upwards when you pull it shut. I never felt like paying to have such a small quirk looked at, and instead just enjoyed the driving experience.
Unfortunately this car hasn't seen a single day of track time (to the best of my knowledge) since the first owner had it, and he auctioned it off in 2008 for $24,750 before any repairs. The previous owner is actually a family friend and that's how I found this car. I know he didn't track it either.
Frame is straight. Clam was off and the frame was looked over multiple times at the previous owner's mechanic shop. Chassis/frame damage isn't the issue with the door and appears not to be an issue at all. the post that the door bracket mounts to appears to be simply flexing, but I could also be stupid and it really just needed a door alignment this whole time. Sure its replaceable/reinforceable, but I'd just rather not potentially spend multiple thousands tearing apart the car to fix what I consider to be a minor quirk that doesn't effect the drivability of the car whatsoever. The previous owner thinks its fixable with just a little wedge on the door sill to help the door slide up easier but I didn't bother since I truly don't mind it.

anyway:
This car is my daily driver May-October, and puts a smile on my face every time I get to see it. Just looking at it makes me proud of how much I've put into it and how good it looks now. The car has a surprising amount of ground clearance for an exotic car, I think I've only ever scraped once on an extremely steep incline going onto a flat road, didn't leave any damage and it was also before the car was sanded/resprayed anyways so any scratches that might've been there have been fixed.
a full parts list is too long to type here, so I’ll try to sum it up in highlights, then include a few pictures of a full parts list.
-Moroso oil pan, battle aero chassis wing (wing doesn’t have to be included, simple bolt off and it’s like it was never there),
-Brand new APR carbon fiber splitter with rods (comes uninstalled and wrapped, $400 value)
-CAI, front turn signals deleted and filled,
-GRP halo’s for the turn signals and DRLs,
-Inokinetic RTDbrace toe link brace, power flex rear motor mount insert (easily removable for softer driving experience),
-Rota torque wheels.
(10k invested in this car including parts and labor)
2 brand new o2 sensors 9/28/20
just changed both headlights with brighter bulbs 11/04/20

I had the car fully repainted in July 2020 due to bubbling in the paint on the front end, and some flex in the clam by the license plate. I also wanted the turn indicators removed in exchange for the GRP halo's. Much cleaner imo. the rear end didn’t need it but we sanded it down and repainted it anyway. I had every spot that’s known to flex in the front clam reinforced. Front clam was sanded down to the bare fiberglass because we didn’t want any of the old paint to cause bubbling again. body and paint was $5,000+ in labor hours plus the fiberglass materials and paint. front clam is extremely sturdy.

This is the most reliable car in my family. over the two years and 12,000 miles that I’ve driven it, it’s never left me stranded anywhere or given me a single mechanical concern. Never smelt like clutch. never leaked or burned oil, never leaked coolant, never leaked or lost any brake fluid. clutch is always extremely communicative to the driver. Always garage stored. Very well taken care of.

It could easily be a show car or a track car, or both. It really is the best of both worlds.

I really don’t want to sell it but unfortunately life can pan out that way. Truly hoping it can go to another lotus enthusiast who will really appreciate it as much as i have.
DM for VIN if you want it

(last sunset pic is old. exhaust has changed and wing was added. but that’s what it looks like with no wing, if you choose to buy without it)
can sell without wing for 400$ off! It’s not everyone’s style anyway, i know that.

DM for info! I’m trying my best to be respectful and i know that clean title cars can sell for the same price (although seems with more mileage usually) but to me all the upgrades, the low mileage, the consistent maintenance, and the reliability make it worth the asking price 👍.

FB Market place listing (more pics/details
(new link 2006 Lotus Elise · Coupe 2D )

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
That's one hell of a wing! If I was to have one that's the route I would go. The chassis mount looks massive! GLWS!

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
@HTX_713
Could you send me the VIN? I have a guy who has agreed to wire me money for my bike on Monday so I may be looking to buy sooner than I had originally expected.
Beware of those "wiring" money to you bank account.... Check with your financial institution. Lots of sketchy transactions gone bad and accounts emptied.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my opinion, I think the wing looks great with the car! GLWS!
I love what you did with the headlights and deleting the original turn signals. That's the only bad aesthetic of the Elise. It looks great, very well done, good luck with sale.
thanks! i appreciate it a lot, i was a little skeptical but i was so happy with the end result

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well Bike sold fairly quick. Just realized I never heard back from the seller upon requesting the VIN. I feel like it’s 50/50 wether the seller REALLY plans to sell. Second person now I’ve messaged with no real intent to sell. Can’t say I blame them. These are pretty unique cars. I was hesitant to sell my bike as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
@HTX_713

Beware of those "wiring" money to you bank account.... Check with your financial institution. Lots of sketchy transactions gone bad and accounts emptied.
Sorry, I hope not to come off abrasive, but this is a myth. Nobody can "empty" your account just because they wired money to you. Spreading falsehoods like this makes for paranoia and difficult car purchase transactions.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Sorry, I hope not to come off abrasive, but this is a myth. Nobody can "empty" your account just because they wired money to you. Spreading falsehoods like this makes for paranoia and difficult car purchase transactions.
You're not abrasive. Wire transfers are done safely and honestly all the time. Then there are the scammers who use unusual instruction schemes. That's why there are wire fraud laws.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the most common scam is over paying for items and asking for the extra money in return. My transactions went smooth. If anyone has any questions or concerns about wiring money feel free to pm me. Not going to lie I was paranoid about it too, but once he gave me his ID I was a bit more at ease.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Agreed, Thanks guys.
You're not abrasive. Wire transfers are done safely and honestly all the time. Then there are the scammers who use unusual instruction schemes. That's why there are wire fraud laws.
I think the most common scam is over paying for items and asking for the extra money in return. My transactions went smooth. If anyone has any questions or concerns about wiring money feel free to pm me. Not going to lie I was paranoid about it too, but once he gave me his ID I was a bit more at ease.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well Bike sold fairly quick. Just realized I never heard back from the seller upon requesting the VIN. I feel like it’s 50/50 wether the seller REALLY plans to sell. Second person now I’ve messaged with no real intent to sell. Can’t say I blame them. These are pretty unique cars. I was hesitant to sell my bike as well.
i do plan to sell it, i haven’t checked lotustalk too often i’ve mostly had offers over facebook marketplace, sorry about that! dm me and i can get you the vin.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.