The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Exige Garage Art
312 Posts
Not to derail but rather to support interest of a great looking package.... My passenger door had disclosed issues too, $22 in parts and a few hours (first time took me a while) and it's fine. The issue has nothing to do with treatment of the car. There are threads on this.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I think you'd get a lot more interest and a higher price if you brought this back to stock. Speaking from experience, that monstrous wing isn't increasing the resale.
The wing is easily removable and didn't require any modification to the car to install. as stated in the listing I'd be willing to sell the car without it if its not the buyers taste. as far as going back to stock, it has no power mods (unless you count intake and exhaust) and personally I love the indicator halo's in place of the bulky "early 2000's" bulb blinkers. Many others have expressed similar opinions. i appreciate the input though.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Agree on the wing, but the real problem is the door. If you get a dealer to do the Lotus specified tests and verify the chassis is straight and undamaged you'll find a buyer
Honestly, I would be a buyer but the door and the front clam (blinkers deleted) are stopping me.

Frame is straight. Clam was off and the frame was looked over multiple times at a mechanic who's owned most, if not all of the classic exotics that i could name him. (f40, diablo, porsche 911, 935, countach(s), etc.) so I trust his inspection. He was actually the previous owners father and is still a mechanic here in NH. Chassis/frame damage isn't the issue, the post that the door bracket mounts to is simply flexing. Sure its replaceable/reinforceable, id just rather not spend multiple thousands tearing apart the car to fix what i consider to be a minor quirk that doesn't effect the drivability of the car whatsoever.

Not to derail but rather to support interest of a great looking package.... My passenger door had disclosed issues too, $22 in parts and a few hours (first time took me a while) and it's fine. The issue has nothing to do with treatment of the car. There are threads on this.
interested in what the problem was and how you fixed it, DM me?

·
Registered
2005 Corvette Lemans Blue
17 Posts
PM Sent

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
closed

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.