The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the 3rd owner and have had it since 2017. Second went by Copple and Original owner was HiroY on the forum. According to the previous owner the car has lived in a garage it's whole life, barely driven in the rain and has never been tracked and I’ve seen nothing to show otherwise. It has been in a garage the whole time I’ve owned it, I have never driven it in the rain, and never tracked it. Original window sticker with clean / clear title in hand. This is a great Elise that has had the known weaknesses addressed and is ready to enjoy on the street or track. Trying to sell because I don’t really get it out much (I’ve added around 1k miles/yr) and want to put the money towards some other things, but by no means need to sell it.

$34,000 obo

ODOMETER: 45,000 miles

FACTORY OPTIONS:
  • Hard Top (in addition to cloth top)
  • Metallic Paint (Solar Yellow)
  • Sport Pack
  • Star Shield
  • Touring Pack
UPGRADES / MODIFICATIONS:
  • Larini Sports Exhaust SE Style (dual outlets with Euro grilles, providing outlet through grille on either side of rear license plate); It makes the car look and sound as it should have from the factory.
  • Notoriously troubled front oil coolers/lines replaced with Lotus Sport Laminova Oil Cooler Kit.
  • AutoMeter Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature gauges, mounted in BWR GaugePod. Sensors are in added oil sandwich plate.
  • Triple pass aluminum radiator (replaced the factory plastic end radiator known to fail)
  • BOE Race Toe Links Installed (should be a mandatory safety fix vs stock)
  • Sector 111 gPAN oil pan (also have the original oil pan)
  • Sector 111 Ultradisc 2-Piece rotors front and rear with Carbotech ceramic brake pads.
  • BOE Vented Brake Pistons
  • Sector 111 microMIRROR
  • SirLotus front clam protectors installed
  • Upgraded Stereo: Jensen VM9414 head unit with flip-up screen (Navigation, DVD/CD, SD, USB, iPod connection), Alpine PDX-5 amp with dedicated power mounted behind driver seat, front and rear speakers upgraded to JL Audio, powered antenna (replaced troubled stock antenna in clam)
  • Upgraded to HID headlamps (popular mod from Ekological on LotusTalk to replace the awful stock headlamps through MY2006)
  • Stock battery (known to leak acid) replaced with sealed Odyssey PC925 battery
  • Engine mounts replaced with stiffer Lotusmounts (reduces stock engine thrash)
  • Valentine One Radar/Laser detector with concealed display and aluminum detector bracket
  • Upgraded cigarette lighter power socket to standard US size and switched power relay (now switched with ignition)
  • Replaced stock horn with PIAA Sports Horn
  • Multivex mirrors (reduces blind spots)
  • Installed upgraded sound deadening materials to improve cabin noise
  • Polycarbonate rear window shield (reduces chance of rear window blowout from road debris)
  • Dunlop Direzza Sport (Front: 205/50R16, Rear: 235/45R17, less than 5,000 miles)
  • Sector 111 Wheel studs (replace stock lug bolts)
  • Center console painted body color
  • Custom painted engine covers
  • Sector 111 Trunk Bootie (lines the trunk to protect cargo)
  • Weathertech Car Cover
  • Coolant system flushed and replaced with designated Peak Global Lifetime fluid (2011 at approx 30,000 miles)
  • Spark Plugs and Coil Packs replaced (2011 at approx 30,000 miles)
  • Transmission Fluid replaced with Redline MT-90 and oil / filter done (less than 500 miles ago / last month)
  • Engine ECU updated by Lotus with the newer programming. Eliminates the sudden switchover to the 2nd cam and is now much smoother and more linear.
  • Jim Clayton custom weighted shift knob
  • Carbon Fiber door pulls replacing the rubber ones
Steel braided brake lines (not installed)
Shift reinforcer (not installed)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am interested as well
Thanks for getting back to me. This would be my first Elise... I have done a good bit of research and it does appear your car has addressed the weaknesses I have learned of. Your information is pretty complete... sport and touring packages and hardtop all of which I am looking for and the color is one I would be fine with.

Questions:
  • Pictures look good but can sometimes be deceiving... any scratches/cracks?
  • If you have any more pics would be appreciated... could you also include lower part of front clam to show the protectors...
  • Do you have a car fax report? If so, could you share?
  • Where do you get your car serviced locally?
  • Where are you located?
  • I am pretty sure I will be headed out to Florida to check out one or more Lotus on Friday the 29th and will probably be flying through Charlotte, so maybe I could get to see your car over the weekend 30th or 31st. Let me know if that might be workable on your end.
Not quite sure how this site works. I tried to reply to the email I got, but appears I can only reply on here... Is there a way to take this conversation private on here? If not we could continue the conversation on my email... [email protected] or call/text 717-919-9172.

Thanks so much...

Greg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greg, I emailed additional pics to you and answers to your questions.

No cracks. Maybe a couple scratches that aren't even noticeable unless you're right up on them. I'll try to get pics of them tomorrow and post (they may not even show up in pics)

Do not have a CarFax

The only thing it has needed is routine maintenance so I have not had to take it anywhere for service

15 miles south of Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are a couple pics of spots on the paint. The first is the little white spot under the dime. As you can see it is very small and you have to be right up on it to see it. This is right on the top of the fender under the gas filler. My guess is at some point one of the previous owners was putting gas in it and nicked it. The other pic is on the engine cover and you can see a couple dark spots where a previous owner must've got a couple nicks in it and used touch up paint on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
209 Posts
Great looking car! GLWS. Lots of good things addressed and the price is great considering what was done to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greg, I emailed additional pics to you and answers to your questions.

No cracks. Maybe a couple scratches that aren't even noticeable unless you're right up on them. I'll try to get pics of them tomorrow and post (they may not even show up in pics)

Do not have a CarFax

The only thing it has needed is routine maintenance so I have not had to take it anywhere for service

15 miles south of Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Technically the car is available, but C6dino is getting an inspection Monday. I expect a quick answer after that. If for some reason he decides against purchasing it, I’ll let everyone know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've attached a copy of the PPI done for C6dino who decided not to buy the car. To address the four issues in the report:
1. Missing set screws in parking brake cover - $1 fix that I just haven't made it to a store to get some screws
2. Brake fluid seeping out of right front bleeder - I'll take a look at this
3. Zip tie holding in right front kidney grill - honestly never noticed this before and after the inspection, I still didn't noticed until I was literally a few inches away. It appears one of the tabs must've broken under previous ownership. the grill is tight and like I said unless you are 3 inches away from it, you can't even tell there is a zip tie
4. Boot torn on right front upper ball joint - I got an estimate from the shop to do this $640. Seems a bit high for what it is. I'm ordering 2 ball joints for the right front today. If I get time, I'll do the repair. If not, the new ball joints will go with the sale.

I'll get some boxes down out of the garage this weekend as I may have some extra / original parts. I can't remember who made it, but I have a jack helper to go with it also.

So all in all I would say pretty minor for a 14 year old car that has had the known weaknesses addressed. If anyone has any questions or wants additional pics just let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So another deal has fallen through. Honestly due to no fault of mine, the buyer, or the car. Long story that I’ll share if someone is interested in the car.
The car is once again available.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Best Elise You Can Buy with Your Money
I am the said buyer that did not make it. Short version, my financier would not co-operate. And "I" am not approved to spend the cash money by my wife.

As a buyer that is going to buy a used car sight unseen, I require my seller to be flexible and patient. This is where @blown9746 showed a lot of respect for me and his car. I had requested a lot of pictures and videos throughout our conversation and all my requests were answered promptly and honestly.

So here is the Review
The 2006 Solar Yellow Elise has given the much-required care. It is equipped with the HID headlight that helps the car not only shine better but with more visibility. With that being said, every single electronics in this car works.

The engine is unmolested and idle smoothly with smooth gear change all the way to the six and the reverse gear works as it should.

Like what @blown9746 has mentioned, all the "what if" car breakdown is identified. If you are buying this for the track, this car will perform as it should. One caveat though, there's a boot torn on the right front upper ball joint which can be fixed for around $850-950 including wheel alignment and you are in business.

For its mileage, the interior of the car shows minimal wear and if you are being an anal. You will find a few streaks and only just a few. As for the exterior, I could not count more than 3 dings.

I could certainly vouch for @blown9746, because if an owner has all the original window stickers and dual keys, I think that says a lot about the car.

After all the attempts to make this work, I am certainly bumped. Feel free to reach out if you like to know more about the car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts