The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to see if I can sell my supercharged Lotus Elise to an enthusiast here rather than selling on BaT will make the buyer pay extra fees.

2006 Canyon Red Lotus Elise with BWR Supercharger with 22,XXX miles.

All new interior thanks to GRP: matte carbon fiber center console with gated shifter plate, matte carbon fiber door panels, and custom 1 of 1 steering wheel

To give the interior a nice update I added the Garw digital dash and Tesla Roadster double kit. Pioneer head unit has apple car play and android auto and Bluetooth. Brand new speakers all around and custom glove box for much needed storage. I also added brand new Sport seats ordered straight from Lotus.

The exterior I added side carbon fiber lip and Essex Autosport front lip which is pretty much impossible to find now a days.

I bought the car with the BWR supercharger (same supercharger found in the Exige). Apollo K&N intake. PPE header and cat delete (also have the stock cat) with Larini exhaust. OEM Euro diffuser vents and reflectors.

Wheels are impossible to get BBS LM wheels that has customized reverse mounted spokes with all new hardware and brand new wheels all around.

Also installed GRP mesh kit all around and GRP carbon fiber side scoops (wide version)

Hard top with bag, and soft top are included.

I might be forgetting a few things, but be sure to check out my Full thread can be found Alan's Lotus Elise

Based on the market on BaT from this past year with removing the Highest and lowest Elise sold, the average price has been $56,256! My price is $50,000. I can drive the car to you within reason of Southern Maryland, or I can arrange shipping as well.

·
Administrator
8,327 Posts
tick tock tick tock can't believe it's still here

·
Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1: 2011 Audi S4 Manual
306 Posts
After looking through the build thread, this car is awesome and seems incredibly low priced for what it is and has now become! Someone will be VERY happy with this as their new Elise! 💯👍

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Want to see if I can sell my supercharged Lotus Elise to an enthusiast here rather than selling on BaT will make the buyer pay extra fees.

2006 Canyon Red Lotus Elise with BWR Supercharger with 22,XXX miles.

All new interior thanks to GRP: matte carbon fiber center console with gated shifter plate, matte carbon fiber door panels, and custom 1 of 1 steering wheel

To give the interior a nice update I added the Garw digital dash and Tesla Roadster double kit. Pioneer head unit has apple car play and android auto and Bluetooth. Brand new speakers all around and custom glove box for much needed storage. I also added brand new Sport seats ordered straight from Lotus.

The exterior I added side carbon fiber lip and Essex Autosport front lip which is pretty much impossible to find now a days.

I bought the car with the BWR supercharger (same supercharger found in the Exige). Apollo K&N intake. PPE header and cat delete (also have the stock cat) with Larini exhaust. OEM Euro diffuser vents and reflectors.

Wheels are impossible to get BBS LM wheels that has customized reverse mounted spokes with all new hardware and brand new wheels all around.

Also installed GRP mesh kit all around and GRP carbon fiber side scoops (wide version)

Hard top with bag, and soft top are included.

I might be forgetting a few things, but be sure to check out my Full thread can be found Alan's Lotus Elise

Based on the market on BaT from this past year with removing the Highest and lowest Elise sold, the average price has been $56,256! My price is $50,000. I can drive the car to you within reason of Southern Maryland, or I can arrange shipping as well.

View attachment 1296040
Will this pass Maryland State Inspection for registration as it sits? I'm in Annapolis.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will this pass Maryland State Inspection for registration as it sits? I'm in Annapolis.
Yes, I’m in Charles County. If it’s staying in MD, you won’t have to worry about the safety inspection since it was already done. As far as emissions, they only check for a check engine light and the plug into your obd2 port. It’s quite a joke and a waste of time. They were more fascinated with the car and don’t read anything from the tail pipes. I have the stock cat pipe if needed (and included with the sale). The car is not loud at all with a full exhaust.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys, also if you’re serious about this purchase, you can send me a non refundable deposit until you move some money around. I am a deputy sheriff so you do not need to worry about getting scammed. You call also send me a PM if you want to talk in person. Thank you for your time and share this with friends and family!

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Yes, I’m in Charles County. If it’s staying in MD, you won’t have to worry about the safety inspection since it was already done. As far as emissions, they only check for a check engine light and the plug into your obd2 port. It’s quite a joke and a waste of time. They were more fascinated with the car and don’t read anything from the tail pipes. I have the stock cat pipe if needed (and included with the sale). The car is not loud at all with a full exhaust.
Are you saying you've had the inspection done recently, and have the documentation? The Maryland Safety Inspection is good for 90 days. If it's not been used to register the car in a new owner's name within the 90 days, another one needs to be done.

This is what MD looks for in the inspection, so the cat delete could be a problem in Maryland. I've always found it interesting MD doesn't look for an airbag.

Like I said, I'm in Annapolis. If you still have the car by the weekend, it means I'm destined to come take a look.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You’re gonna regret selling this.
Are you saying you've had the inspection done recently, and have the documentation? The Maryland Safety Inspection is good for 90 days. If it's not been used to register the car in a new owner's name within the 90 days, another one needs to be done.

This is what MD looks for in the inspection, so the cat delete could be a problem in Maryland. I've always found it interesting MD doesn't look for an airbag.

View attachment 1296046

Like I said, I'm in Annapolis. If you still have the car by the weekend, it means I'm destined to come take a look.
After going to like 20 shops, I found a shop in Hughesville that did the safety inspection and passed with no issues in January. They work on higher end vehicles. Every other shop does not have Lotus in their database.
When I went through emissions, they do not look under the car, put anything by the tail pipes. They don’t even put the car on a lift. They only plug in the obd2 and look for a check engine light. That process is less than 5 minutes. I went to Waldorf. I’ll be free September 11 and 12 if you need to take a look.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
After going to like 20 shops, I found a shop in Hughesville that did the safety inspection and passed with no issues in January. They work on higher end vehicles. Every other shop does not have Lotus in their database.
When I went through emissions, they do not look under the car, put anything by the tail pipes. They don’t even put the car on a lift. They only plug in the obd2 and look for a check engine light. That process is less than 5 minutes. I went to Waldorf. I’ll be free September 11 and 12 if you need to take a look.
Hi Alan. If you still have it then, I will definitely come take a look. I'll PM you my contact info.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.