The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1: 2011 Audi S4 Manual
I gave the first guy the opportunity to speak to his bank. Second guy was ready to put a deposit down immediately.
Ahh, that makes more sense! I was thinking it would be sold the same day of posting, and in a sense it probably was! 馃憤

Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1: 2011 Audi S4 Manual
Yeah I had a list of guys who contacted me. Even as far as Canada, but he was unsure of what import fees would cost him.
Too bad that Canadian person didn't get in touch with me about import costs. I imported my Elise from NY earlier this year and I could have answered their questions. It wasn't too difficult or expensive. Oh well... 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Too bad that Canadian person didn't get in touch with me about import costs. I imported my Elise from NY earlier this year and I could have answered their questions. It wasn't too difficult or expensive. Oh well...
May i get more info a bout that? What's the process and cost?

Thanks

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

Registered
May i get more info a bout that? What's the process and cost?

Thanks

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk
Sure, no problem! I described this in more detail in a thread a couple months ago, and you can see it here:

If the car has a clean title and is older than 15 years, it can be imported and registered with only a provincial inspection.

Not sure where you are located or where you might potentially be looking to ship a car from/to? The transportation cost of an enclosed trailer is a bigger cost if you ship cross-continent like I did, but the import process was straightforward as I used TFX, and they acted as my customs broker. I had to pay the GST and 6.1% import duty when the car came across the border, then I had to pay the BC PST when I registered and plated the car following my provincial inspection. Easy peasy. 馃槈

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Administrator
closed

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.