The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
WOW! pm's already. The car has been totally painted in stormtrooper white aka flat white.
The black and the front nose have been sprayed with plastic cote. The white matches perfectly

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
What motor is that? Just curious

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
More photos and info available for serious buyers. Asking $45,000
serious question... how badly do you want to sell this car?

because if I'm basing it off the effort you have put into this thread (3 generic pics, a price & 1 sentence) I would have to think you aren't really willing to sell, or you are hiding some significant info on the build (you know, like things the next owner will have to take care of before its somewhat reliable)

it just seems like the kind of car/project to me that should have some details posted to the public instead of "PM's only" type of communication which could raise the interest of potential buyers

Clam off pics
good luck, I asked a similar question about a year ago & were still waiting

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/2203369-post61.html

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The Build sheet from Monkeywrench Racing is 3 pages long. You can go to their website and see what it looks like with the clam off. The car has just been painted and I took it out on track to see how it runs after the winter. You need nothing but a trailer and fuel to run this car. It is track Ready... It will put out 290 hp to the wheels all day long due to the fact that it's a stock motor with a good tune and exhaust system. If you want entertaining reading and pictures BUY A BOOK !!if you want a awesome track car send me your # and we can talk..Serious buyers welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Entertaining reading please! With pictures...........

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The Build sheet from Monkeywrench Racing is 3 pages long. You can go to their website and see what it looks like with the clam off. The car has just been painted and I took it out on track to see how it runs after the winter. You need nothing but a trailer and fuel to run this car. It is track Ready... It will put out 290 hp to the wheels all day long due to the fact that it's a stock motor with a good tune and exhaust system. If you want entertaining reading and pictures BUY A BOOK !!if you want a awesome track car send me your # and we can talk..Serious buyers welcome.
I'm not doubting the potential of the build, however I am questioning the intentions of the seller...

why wouldn't you link us to the build page instead of making a possible interested buyer search around to find the "right info"?

I mean seriously, you really see no issue with making this community run through hoops to find specific info on this car? Is this how you actually intend to get $45K in your hands?

·
Older but getting faster
528 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THE CAR IS NOT SOLD!!! This is a race/trackcar the only one that will get full disclosure will be the one who comes to see it or sends someone to see it. Only a fool would buy a car like this without doing so.

·
Older but getting faster
528 Posts
Monkeywrench Racing

It looks like the MWR website car had a little extra cosmetic work done, but I love the concept.

I was surprised to read that the Camry V6 bolted into the subframe without modification and how light the finished car was.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not doubting the potential of the build, however I am questioning the intentions of the seller...

why wouldn't you link us to the build page instead of making a possible interested buyer search around to find the "right info"?

I mean seriously, you really see no issue with making this community run through hoops to find specific info on this car? Is this how you actually intend to get $45K in your hands?
My intensions are simple. If you want to buy the car let's talk. You will get the "right Info" If not, enjoy life and don't waste anyone's time :wave:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts