The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just beginning to consider either a 2007 Exige S or a 2008 Exige S 240 and have been checking inventory online.

I'd get the track pkg for the 2007, but may forego it on the 2008 and instead go aftermarket double adjustable Ohlins (or Nitrons). Would probably look for a limited slip differential for either year. However, I have no interest in the Touring Pkg and it seems that almost all have this option.

Do the vast majority of Exiges come with this option and, if so, any advice on finding one without it? Thanks.

Neil

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I would say nine out of ten seem to have it. To get one without you could order it that way. Check inventories of Lotus dealers. Why do you want not to have it? The carpet on the chassis can be removed, the net taken out, the only possible negative is the leather seat. They aren't that slippery if that is your worry. If you track the car and get better belts you won't move much at all. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
...and the power windows are lighter than the roll up ones as well...

IMO either way you should just get the track pack and add the LSD...then you re good to go

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Cup holders only come on '08s unless the '07 has the premium pack which not many cars have.

It's not only virtually impossible to find an Exige without touring pack, it will not help your resale value at all even if you do.

Most of the parts are cheap and removable.

The cup holder can't weigh more than a couple ounces.

·
Registered
533 Posts
FWIW, my 06 is without the touring pack. I wanted it that way, and was lucky enough to find one used.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I ordered by '07 without the touring package. I'm not a fan of leather interiors and this one was just the seats and the door inserts, the additional sound deadening was unnecessary weight as it wasn't going to make the car vault-like or anything, and the carpet covered the beauty of the aluminum. Put it all together and it wasn't worth the $1500 premium to me. The only thing that had me reconsidering were the crank windows. The cranks were beautiful, but it seemed wrong to spend that much on a car and have manual cranks. But when I took delivery, it showed up with power windows. Apparently, all '07s came with power windows regardless of whether you got the touring pack or not (rumor was the supplier of the cranks went out of business or something). I do not know if you you can even get crank windows anymore. Call your dealer. They'll tell you. Some will tell you that not having the touring pack will lower resale value. I don't know if that's true or not, but resale value is not high on my reasons to either buy or not buy a car.

My .02.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Good luck finding one...

However, I have no interest in the Touring Pkg and it seems that almost all have this option.

Do the vast majority of Exiges come with this option and, if so, any advice on finding one without it? Thanks.
Neil
Hi Neil -

I think you'll find the vast majority of dealerships misinterpreted the Exige. Many of them thought of the car as the "high-end" version of the elise, and ordered them with "all the options" - i.e. track pack, touring pack, starshield & LSD. (Frankly - I think it should have been track pack OR touring pack, both seems odd to me.)

I believe very few, if any, were viewed as track focused, harder-edged cars where "less was more". Although a few people that ordered their cars did so that way. I did.

I think you'll have a tough time finding a used car without the touring pack - so you may be better off ordering an 08, or just being patient. Those cars don't come along that often, but then again, they usually don't get bought quite as quickly either - probably because they don't have leather... :)

Good luck in the hunt, it'll pay off!

Cheers,
-Darryl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts