The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Um the "reserve" is US $58,880.00 because that is the start bid, by the seller.

Saying "no reserve" in this situation makes you seem like a scammer.

Q

·
0 Posts
It's called an "opening bid"... after that it's no reserve.

I guess you don't know how auctions work in the real world.

Q

·
0 Posts
No Reserve Auctions
A No Reserve Auction is the type of auction we are all most familar with. It is when you start your item at one price (often referred to as the "Starting Bid", the "Opening Bid", or the "Opening Amount"), and you allow your auction to run for a specified period of time (for instance, 7 days). During that time, interested buyers may place a bid on your auction to become the "high bidder". The "high bidder" is the person who has bid the highest amount (thus far) for your item. For a person to become the "high bidder" they must place a bid that is greater than the current high bidder's maximum bid. (A maximum bid is the maximum amount a person is willing to pay for an item.) After the auction has ended the person who has bid the highest amount (the person with the highest "maximum bid") wins the item.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
in this case the starting bid does function as a reserve.
he is not willing to sell the car for less than the starting bid...........in function its the same as a reserve, unless the starting bid is zero.
reserves just protect the seller from getting lowballed.
maybe i dont understand ebay, but i thought i had a good grasp on it.
he could also have no starting bid, but set the reserve at the $58k or whatever the price is...it does the same thing. the car does not get sold unless the $58K is reached.

Q

·
0 Posts
the car does not get sold unless the $58K is reached.
The 58K is reached as soon as someone bids. It's the opening or minimum bid. Note, however,that there is "no reserve" above that.

This is different then an auction that has an opening bid of $58K, but an unknown reserve of $75K.

In this case, as long as someone pays the opening bid of $58K and there are no other bidders, it's sold.

The seller is protecting his bottom end, but has no protection other than that.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Well, I guess we know what dealer invoice is on a 2007 Cup car. Flame on.

I would still like to have one, though I can't afford even the dealer cost. Good luck with the sale and I'll call when I have a winning lottery ticket.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Well, I guess we know what dealer invoice is on a 2007 Cup car. Flame on.

I would still like to have one, though I can't afford even the dealer cost. Good luck with the sale and I'll call when I have a winning lottery ticket.
It's not new.

·
Registered
106 Posts
he is not willing to sell the car for less than the starting bid.....
I have bought a bunch of stuff off ebay, way under the starting bid or "Reserve". You don't know what you can get it for until you really talk to the seller.;)

Car is really nice I know all about it, I work with a couple of the OP's nephews.

Good luck with the sale!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts