The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is somewhat of a feeler, but I would be willing to part ways with this lovely car if the deal is right.
Background: I'm in the market for a new car as I have to deal with clients more at work and an Acura integra commuter isn't cutting it. The Lotus is fun to show up to meetings with, however the wow factor is quickly erased when a client tries to jump in. Also, I already have an Elise and a Ducati and while I love the Exige, having 2 Lotus doesn't make a whole lot of sense sometimes. So I think it's time to add a "grown up" car to the garage.

Here's the story on this exige. I bough this car in Las Vegas NV from an LT member in 2010. At the time it had 7122 miles on it. I believe he was the 2nd owner and as I understand it it was originally a CA car but I could be wrong. Since then I've put an additional ~ 15k miles on it and it now has about 22,xxx. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to take her to the track, but I think the previous owner put a day or two on her.

The car does not have track pack, traction control, or LSD. It does have power windows (touring pack I believe). Additionally, it has:

-Sector 111 Ultradisk front rotors with ~ 1800 miles
-CL RC5 break pads with ~ 1800 miles
-DDM HID head lights (high beams are stock)
-Rear camera plugged into a JVC KDNX5000 in dash display
-Auxiliary cable to plug your cell phone in. (can also be changed to an Ipod/Iphone jack in 5 minutes)
-Valentine 1 display (you would have to buy the actual unit but is essentially plug and play)
-Sector 111 Track pack standard (never installed)
-Daytime running lights kill switch
-Front and rear Toyo R888 with ~1200 miles on them
-All oil changes since I've owned it have been done with Motul 5W40
-K&N air filter

Alignment and corner balance completed when I put the new R888 on recently. There are a few rock chips on the front splitter and a few blemishes here and there which can be easily touched up after a good detailing. The front splitter is easily replaced also and fairly cheap. It has never given me any major issues and has been a great car. Will be sad to see her go.

Asking 36,000 and would be willing to trade (right out or plus/minus some cash) possibly for a 335, 328, M3, A5, S5, or range rover sport, evoque, or something else in that class. (2008+)

Pics aren't great, but I'll wash her and add more later. Car is located in the Bay Area, Northern California. (Oh and the lights look like normal HID's. The haze is just from the crappy camera phone.)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Nice...this is gonna go fast!
Just curious why you are keeping the Elise over the Exige?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice...this is gonna go fast!
Just curious why you are keeping the Elise over the Exige?
The Elise got side swiped about 2 years ago. Damage was minimal to the front clam and side rocker panel. My insurance totaled it out and I bought the Exige, thinking I would sell the Elise. 2 years later I still have them both and I really enjoy having a totaled Elise that I know the exact history of. If I ever get around to building a track car it makes more sense to use the Elise over the Exige. Hence the sale.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the inquires everyone. The car has generated a lot of interest so my apologies if I haven't replied to your PM. I'm trying to get to them in order of received and trying to accommodate to the locals who want to stop by for a look. Thanks!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
sell the Elise. get a M3 sedan. I'm sure you can get a few of your clients to sh*t their pants with that car. LOL

·
Registered
205 Posts
not sure on 2 post

sell the Elise. get a M3 sedan. I'm sure you can get a few of your clients to sh*t their pants with that car. LOL by shay2nak ????

More how did this individual have first take on ur vehicle since the email u sent me
I'm enjoying the ride!! Let's go to the track sometime! mppus2003

I thought the lotus community had some integrity but I guess not at least in this matter or situation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts