Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone on here knows a 2007 Exige S.

This is a virtually stock no mods version.
Track and touring pack
Previous owner put on a loud exhaust and rear delete kit
23,000 Exciting but uneventful miles
LSS wheels
New Star Shield
Clear title, no stories, no drama.

In the interest of disclosure:
The car is my daily driver, so the mileage is changing 100 or so miles a month
has street tires on it which are fine for around town, but you would want to replace for track use.
Lives in a garage
New EBC Yellow Stuff pads this year
Has had the transmission shift cable replacement done

In Houston Texas, will help deliver 300 miles away (and close to an airport)
PM, text or call: Four 1 oh 98too92 forty seven

Selling because I just bought a rally fighter

Thanks for looking!
Zach

Attachments

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Bump for the Rally Fighter. Saw one in person last summer, and it was awesome. Much bigger than I expected it to be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah yes, Front lip splitter removed for around town driving. I have one for the track that is more functional than sexy.

A lot of folks here in Houston have wrestled with front lip splitters getting smashed, then replaced by cheap ones that come off and under the car at 80mph on the highway (Scary!)

Best option is no splitter around town, and a dedicated track one.

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
unless something doesn't check out here, this is pretty killer deal... GLWS!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Captain Zach screwed me!

I BOUGHT this car on ebey for 44,000. Zach claimed that he sold it to someone else just while not removing it from ebay. AFTER TAKING MY DEPOSIT. We all have smart phones, he was just too LAZY to update the listing as SOLD. :facepalm
Too bad he did NOT include that the car was for sale locally.
Rest assured, I am not butt hurt about it. I simply hate people that cannot stick to a contract that they have willingly entered into. Therefore I will be suing Zach in Houston. I don't need to sell a car to 'trade up.' I have the bucks to just buy up, and keep the old toy. So, I don't care if it costs me more to sue him than I get. I have enough money to just look at it like a hobby. My hobby now is to kick Zach back. I have reached the age and tax bracket where I don't have to live with being screwed anymore. This will cost Zach a few thou. I'm happy with that.
Updates to follow.
This icon reflects what I am going to do to Zach. :thwack:
Bad Zach!
Better yet Zach- COMPLETE THE SALE THAT YOU MADE TO ME!

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I BOUGHT this car on ebey for 44,000. Zach claimed that he sold it to someone else just while not removing it from ebay. AFTER TAKING MY DEPOSIT. We all have smart phones, he was just too LAZY to update the listing as SOLD. :facepalm
Too bad he did NOT include that the car was for sale locally.
Rest assured, I am not butt hurt about it. I simply hate people that cannot stick to a contract that they have willingly entered into. Therefore I will be suing Zach in Houston. I don't need to sell a car to 'trade up.' I have the bucks to just buy up, and keep the old toy. So, I don't care if it costs me more to sue him than I get. I have enough money to just look at it like a hobby. My hobby now is to kick Zach back. I have reached the age and tax bracket where I don't have to live with being screwed anymore. This will cost Zach a few thou. I'm happy with that.
Updates to follow.
This icon reflects what I am going to do to Zach. :thwack:
Bad Zach!
Better yet Zach- COMPLETE THE SALE THAT YOU MADE TO ME!
:popcorn:
Awesome! Now include the part about undisclosed red panda damage and this thread kicks!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Well there are generally two sides to a story so I'm looking forward to hearing from the Captain himself. Zach what happened here, seems that Dave has a legitimate beef here and that you did sorta crew him..............

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Greetings,

This Lotus sold locally for $42,000. Unfortunately shortly thereafter the Lotus sold via eBay's buy it now price for $44,000. As part of the buy it now feature a mandatory deposit is automatically taken. Within minutes I contacted the eBay buyer by phone to deliver the sad news and refund their deposit. I also pointed them to a number of other attractive Exige's for sale on this site.

I wish I could have sold the car for $44,000 but the deal had been completed. I am unsure why I am being accused of doing something wrong when I am selling the car to the first buyer at a lower price. Other points to consider:

1. The eBay add clearly stated the vehicle was for sale locally and could be removed at any time.
2. If one were litigiously inclined they could read eBay's fine print and would find that eBay motor's sales are non-binding.

Again, I apologize for the situation and I am confident that I have taken the correct course of action.

Also, forgive me for engaging here, what do I gain from selling the car for less money? I simply sold it to the person that bought it first. If a judge were to award damaged, would I receive the difference in value, I think the only person getting screwed here is myself for doing the right thing.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Well I can see where Dave (the 2nd buyer) would be upset as you did NOT remove the listing from eBay (as you said in the listing you'd do) but rather let it proceed through and the sale complete. I'm surprised to hear that auto sales are non-binding, if that's the case clearly the buyer has no place to sue but I think clearly you're "wrong" here. But at the end of the day that doesn't really matter as the car has already gone on to its new home and nothing can be done about it.

I suggest at this point everyone move on and put a bad situation behind them.

-Ross

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.