The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
This car was run into plates of glass - hit who knows what - and driven like it was :eek:

Has a data dump been done on the ECU even? Curious if Lotus will warranty this car when they seem to be harsher on customers who do even less harmful things to their cars.

I just can't believe anyone would buy this car unless it was SEVERELY reduced. :confused:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
In 20 years, when today's teens are able to buy the cars of their youth, this car will be a collector's dream.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Hmm. Their site is already promoting the Evora! :D

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
This is the lowest numbered VIN I have seen for any American 07 S. I got mine in November 06 - it was one of the first launch S's delivered. I don't believe the VIN is sequential in the sense that the last numbers actually increase in increments of 1 - i.e there is a 1,2,3...etc. (someone correct me if I am wrong here).

I have only seen two other launch S's that have lower numbers than mine (by 4 and 6 lower) but this one is like 20 lower??? I wondered when I watched that show how they managed to get one when they probably weren't available for sale when it was filmed.

Also - I suspect this car has been repainted - or at least parts of it has. There are more decals than when it was on the show, it is missing the LOTUS from the rear. It looks like the JVC was retrofitted (and it really looks like it sticks out from the dash) and they added the SCROTH harness (that certainly wasn't on the car when it was on TV).

Didn't they hit something with the front splitter too?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I played the video, and it may just be me but...

Is the voice over done by Max Headroom's little brother the business major?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Bullrun ??

This "Ecsige" has all the luxury, comfort, electronic and entertainment features ...what ?????? Apparently Lotus have fitted a tilt steering to the S now.. and as for original paint and no known accidents :crazyeyes
I guess they never watched he Bullrun series.

Is the general manager for real, or is this a set-up...... that reinforces that stereotype !

Interesting :shrug:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Let's keep it civil please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts