The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise with black interior [LOCATION: Chicago area ] $35,500

Overall excellent condition with 66,400 miles;
Clean Title -In Hand - SCCPC11116HL30189

-Touring package (w/black leather probax seats, power windows, additional sound insulation material, stowage net, and full carpeting.), black soft top w/storage bag.
-Matching hardtop with factory storage bag.
-NEVER tracked; always garage stored (never driven during winters, but started regularly).
-Purchased from original owner in N. Virginia at apx 7500 miles in 2008.
-Current mileage is 66,400 miles but I will continue to drive the car on nice days
-2 keys with working fob-remotes, factory toolkit and original manual included; Also including electronic copy of service manual, parts manual, wiring diagrams, etc.
-Extra oil filter and windshield wiper included

OPTIONS include:
-fitted car cover;
-updated DUAL radio w/USB+SD card slot+Bluetooth ready (original Alpine radio included);
-Lowtush fiberglass front splitter (attached with nylon bolts---easily removed).
-Concealed underdash ‘lollipop’-type cup holder.
-Bel-uniden radar detector included; Garmin GPS NOT included
-Extra lighter outlet and USB power ports added 2009
-Locking gas cap (2 keys)
-Digital indoor-outdoor thermometer added 2008 (easily removed)
-Bluetooth OBD READER

HISTORY:
No accidents, clean history, & clean title. Autocheck (like carfax) from 2012 avail--no issues.
All factory recalls done and up to date (by TJ (formerly) at Gator Motorsports)

MAINTENANCE-UPDATES:
- Oil+filter changes performed every 3-4000 miles with Mobil 1.
- Air filter replaced annually
- Eliseshop Aluminum radiator (w/new coolant) installed by TJ /Gator Motorsports in 2015 to replace factory plastic radiator
- All recalls performed (by Gator Motorsports--oil cooler line done in 2013)
-Horn updated to louder spec. (2010)
-Battery replaced 2013 (Battery maintainer included)
-Switchpack: good—all fans speeds operate. A/C recharge: twice in last 4 years.
-Drivers side floor vent blocking plate removed (plate included)
-Front and rear brake pads replaced 2014; Brake fluid regularly flushed. Motive Power Bleeder (not shown) is included.
-Tires: Kumho ASX (195 fr/225 rr). Rear tires recently (2018) replaced. Fronts replaced in 2016 and in excellent condition.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Star shield is original and showing age/wear (see photos); Paint in excellent condition (IMO—other’s may think it’s simply ‘very good’ ---for 11 years old, I’d say ‘excellent’) - a few 'pin sized' chips in front. and side.
-A/C has needed a recharge every other year for the last 4 years.

The car is not a garage queen. I have driven this car to all 4 corners of the country and back without any mechanical problems, and continue driving it regularly, weather permitting.

It’s an anguished decision to even advertise the car, as I enjoy every second of driving and owning it. The car is garaged in Chicago and winter has ambushed the area early cutting into my usual fall detailing routine ---the white lines/streaks and dots that appear in some pix are traces of wax that I have yet to clean off. I plan to spend much of the winter in Florida, so I may look for a window to drive it south rather than leave it garaged.

All records, receipts included. Not interested in trades. Thanks for looking.
john

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and a few others (hardtop pix are a few years old...but GoldenDoodle approved)

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey T.J.,
Good to know you're still around here. Thanks. The Elise has been, by far, my absolute favorite car---the Porsches were nice, the BMW and VW were good looking, the MR2 and Miata were fun, but the Elise, hands down is all I could ever hope for. And not making excuses or ‘blame’ :crying:, but 8 hrs to your exceptionally skilled hands (and head!) at Carlock in Nashville is a LOT tougher than just under 3 hrs to Indy, and THAT did figure into my decision. (I know—why don’t I move? –it’s in progress---but Florida is prob my next stop). john

Reactions: Twaszak!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two addl Pix. LEAST favorite and (one of) most favorite...

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,328 Posts
Is this by any chance the CO Elise I've seen parked in front of that building at Ashland and Hubbard occasionally?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this by any chance the CO Elise I've seen parked in front of that building at Ashland and Hubbard occasionally?
Nahh. I wont take the car into THE city anymore--hasnt been in years. Ironic--I have no fears driving it thousands of miles through the mountains and deserts, but taking it 10 miles east of where I live is too high risk (and that's as much bec of the thugs as the bubblehead texting teens in the RangeRovers.)

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,328 Posts
Nahh. I wont take the car into THE city anymore--hasnt been in years. Ironic--I have no fears driving it thousands of miles through the mountains and deserts, but taking it 10 miles east of where I live is too high risk (and that's as much bec of the thugs as the bubblehead texting teens in the RangeRovers.)
Don't blame you one bit. I live in the city, and any time I get the Elise out, it comes out of the garage, out of my neighborhood, onto the highway and out of the city...that's it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump! (new/better pix coming soon).

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New Year. New Price! New Pix.

-}2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise with black interior: $34,600

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump.
Oil and filter just changed (Mobil 1), and toe links checked;
Car is prepped and I'm leaving for Florida where it/I will reside the rest of February.
john

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Car is on in Florida for a month-----far MORE appropriate than Chicago.
j

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump
On the way back (to Illinois). Car will remain garaged for rest of winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Spring BUMP

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,652 Posts
As soon as I saw CO was a option, my car decision matrix dropped down to one vehicle. Those skittles colors really work on these cars. GLWS and your upcoming chapter in Florida.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beautiful car - best color! I'll be in Chicago next weekend to look at a couple of Elise's (in Addison). Is this one still available? If so, I would love to come by and look at her.

I know you made the trip to Florida - what are the miles currently?

Also, there are some interior mods, are any of those non-reversible (i.e. contact cement, drilled/screwed/riveted)?

Do you have the original driver side switch panel?

Cheers,
Will

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes, still available. Mileage is up around 68k now. None of the mods are are non-reversible. Not sure what you mean by 'original drivers side sw panel'---it is the original switch panel. You may not have enough posts to PM me. You can email me here: easy 'AT'/(@) ML1media.com

john

1 - 20 of 27 Posts