The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This post is more difficult to write than I expected. Someone is going to be super lucky to experience this car.

IMG_2884.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_8014.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

IMG_2921.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

For Sale:
*2007 Lotus Exige S, July 2007 build date :UK:
*:ST: Aspen White lifestyle paint, which is a red, green, and blue metallic with a gold pearl clear coat. Looks neutral white in shadows, and the gold pearl catches the sun beautifully. The metallic gives it nice flop with lighting transitions.
*Touring Package, Traction Control, and Starshield
*VIN SCCVC11137HL82772
*Title: Clean & Clear
*Mileage: 35k
*Price: Asking $45,900

Carefully selected improvements, as chronicled in my 4 year running http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/ryephiles-exige-s-improvement-thread-109979/ Reading back through my thread, it reminds me how amazing this car has been both performance-wise and with its great reliability.

*Kold-Fire 270 HP ECU flash
*Really Light Stuff Intercooler and light IC tubes, both gunmetal gray to match the "S" logo on the front fender
*My custom MCU closed-loop temp-controlled Intercooler fans within the IC shroud.
*BOE Silent Touch exhaust
*NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs
*VVTL-i lift bolts replaced around 14k miles while inspecting the cams and replacing valve cover gasket
*V2 Motorsports baffled fuel tank
*V2 Motorsports baffled oil pan
*Sector 111 QWKCANS catch cans

*Nitron "Singles" coil-overs with Hyperco 450 lb/in front and 600 lb/in rear spring rates. A great blend of street-ability and track-day control.
*Sector 111 RTD2 rear toe-link brace with Nitron toe-pins
*V2 Motorsports steering arms
*Ralph at V2 Motorsports did the exquisite alignment and corner balance. This car feels markedly better than a stock Exige S in every way, and that's not just hyperbole.
*Factory LSS wheels [6.5" front, 7.5" rear] with Toyo R888 tires
*DBA 5000-series 2-piece rotors
*Carbotech Bobcat for street and XP pads for track

*Choice of original black leather Exige Probax seats or Composite Worx carbon/suede lightweight seats.
*Stereo currently deleted, speaker grilles in-place for discreet look. DIN cubby to hold smartphone. All wiring kept intact if you want to put a big bumpin' system back in. :p
*Difflow Flat diffuser with Difflow rear panel delete. Heat shields kept intact as much as possible and painted high-temp ceramic flat black.
*Hand-laid 72 gram carbon fiber battery holder for the Shorai LFX36
*Sector 111 trunk bootie.
*Currently on it's 2nd Starshield. The 1st one was replaced under warranty for yellowing.

older pic before I did the Difflow:
DSC_3710.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_0087.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

Exige1.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

DSC_2719.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

I've always ran 93 octane on the street, and occasionally 100 octane unleaded at the track. I don't consider track time for this car a negative. Never crashed anywhere, no body or paint work. I drive the car as it was intended, then do an extremely thorough post-track inspection up on jackstands and replace whatever is worn out. No excuses.

The car weighs 1919 pounds w/out fuel or driver. It's averaged 27 MPG while I've owned it [click for my Fuelly], and that's including track time! I can honestly say this has been by far the most exhilarating and perfect sports car I've owned. I need to tighten up my finances so I'll be tracking a Miata, which is a big step down in pace. This Exige S was invited to and featured in the 2012 Concours of the Americas at St. Johns in the Supercar circle, that right there should tell you how clean and excuse-free the car is.

RYE_1260.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_1346.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

The car has even been on the front page highlight reel of Killboy at the Tail of the Dragon, 2 months ago when I brought it to MINIs on the Dragon as well as met up with Silver Surfer and Almighty, both following me in this picture. Thanks Darryl!

Killboy_highlightreel by Ryephile, on Flickr

I really hope this car goes to an enthusiastic new owner that appreciates the time and care I put into this car. Email me at Ryan at Ryephile dot com or my cell at two four eight - seven six one - eight zero seven one

Please visit my Flickr gallery for a bunch of detailed pictures of the car through my years of ownership.
Thanks for looking! :D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st post updated to include the notes that the car was originally equipped with Starshield. It's on its second Lotus branded Starshield, as the first was replaced under warranty by my local Lotus dealership Auto Europe.

I might as well add, I just finished doing my annual Castrol SRF brake fluid flush. I love that stuff! :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
NOOOOOO!

Sorry to see that you're selling this AMAZING car. Anyone who ends up with it won't be disappointed with what you've done or how you've cared for it. She's pretty amazing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Very sorry to hear you're selling her, but quite excited to see what you come up with in terms of a Miata.

I have seen this car and it is gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the props guys. I'm already getting sellers remorse. It's by far been the best sports car I've had the pleasure of owning.

Also, Sale Pending. A friendly guy and all-around car nut is coming in from Milwaukee tomorrow night and we'll finish up the deal on Saturday. Like all good car purchases, he's driving it to its new home.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
How did I miss this post?? Sorry to see it go and at that price! You are letting someone steal this thing! You still going to MOTD? and what will you be driving??

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I was 100% ready to pull the trigger on this car! A bit disappointed I missed out!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am picking up the car tomorrow :)

Excited. I will definitely be giving this car a great home. Here is a link to my 2008 STI Track car that I am going to be selling maybe (Might still hang onto it but have already started selling off a few parts to friends)

I have been lurking here for a while and have been reading up quite a bit. The car will see 6-8 track days per year and hopefully some fun weekend drives

I just hope that I can take as good care of this car as Ryephile

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-members-journals/134772-laws-2008-aw-sti-1-5xt-r-gsc-s1-sale.html

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exige is definitely sold, already in Wisconsin in mbrunner's garage.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks, it was a pleasure to meet you. Car is in the garage and all cleaned up as of this morning. Already starting on a "parts" list :D

Thanks for all of your help. I am sure I will be hitting you up for some time with questions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am picking up the car tomorrow :)

Excited. I will definitely be giving this car a great home. Here is a link to my 2008 STI Track car that I am going to be selling maybe (Might still hang onto it but have already started selling off a few parts to friends)

I have been lurking here for a while and have been reading up quite a bit. The car will see 6-8 track days per year and hopefully some fun weekend drives

I just hope that I can take as good care of this car as Ryephile

GR Hatch: Law's 2008 AW STi - 1.5XT-R, GSC S1 - For Sale - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
Lucky! I'm trying to sell my 11 WRX for a Lotus Elise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.