The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I saw that one for sale a while back and I was really turned off by the amount of mods on the car. I'd definitely run a carfax before wasting time and money to go take a look at it. You have to really know the car well to accurately assess it's value with that many changes on it ... good luck!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are you sure it's an 07? Black splitter/scoops/wing tell me 2006 - unless he opted to change from colored to black...usually goes the other way 'round:shrug:.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
a bit over priced and he dont want to negociate...
if it is indeed salvaged & hes bent on getting 47 from it... dont even waste your time taking a trip to look at it

even with a clean title it still isnt worth what hes asking

·
Registered
553 Posts
kinda expansive in my case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help!
Even with a clean title this is too expensive? This is Canada I haven't seen other Exiges going this cheap. PM me if you can find a clean SC Elise or Exige in Canada going for $40k or less.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
A Carfax on a car like this will be worthless - you already know it has a salvage title and someone has massively modded the motor. At $37k maybe, at $47k I wouldn't even consider it...

·
Registered
828 Posts
If it's got a salvage title, I don't think you should pay more than 50 percent of "street value". That's a $20,000 car IMHO.

Run.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Thanks for the help!
Even with a clean title this is too expensive? This is Canada I haven't seen other Exiges going this cheap. PM me if you can find a clean SC Elise or Exige in Canada going for $40k or less.
From one CDN to another, it's not worth it.
If it truly is a salvage title, with him/her not disclosing that in the ad, seems like they are hiding something, and who knows what else they don't want to tell you.
Even with the low mileage, you don't want to gamble on any issues that may occur from the previous two owners, the accident, and the mods. And then if you want to sell it in the future, then you become the third owner with a salvage titled, modded car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts