The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, am throwing this out there....(and if this is repetitive, please do let me know and just point me in the right direction without flaming me...please..)

Am looking to replace my stock exhaust with something a bit more aggressive...

Notice I said a BIT....Car as it stands now is STOCK....tuning wise...

Have been behind a few cars that would sterilize you at 20M, (agent xxx)....and don't want to go that far over the top.....

Am considering the Larini Club Sport 6 Inch, or an Arqray Single Tip -Stainless Steel.....

Am also looking to eliminate the rear panel and lovely "bumperette's..." Anyone done this yet? Is if brain surgery or just a bit of elbow grease?

(Have the Sector 111 The Eliminator v3 on its way to my powder coater as I write this...)

Suggestions??? (I am already deaf, so am not looking to further aggravate the problem like "The Stigs" version of small animal repellent and early warning system exhaust...) I mean 110db in the cockpit is a bit excessive IMO….and CHP already likes me enough….

What's best bang for the buck?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You are aware the Arqray is one of the louder exhausts yes?

Try searching for a larger 2bular, or Arqray double, or Topspeed Pro1.
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
....Suggestions??? (I am already deaf, so am not looking to further aggravate the problem like "The Stigs" version of small animal repellent and early warning system exhaust...) I mean 110db in the cockpit is a bit excessive IMO….and CHP already likes me enough….

....ARQRAY....:evil:[email protected] WOT....otherwise quiet......:shift:
stick with the cat.....not the stigs de-cat set up like mine.......:crazyeyes

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arqray

The only one I have ever encountered was what The Stig had, which was a titanium single protype......(and it was.....LOUD!)

Have any links or vendors you can point me towards regarding the others you suggested?

Thanks Mate!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....Suggestions??? (I am already deaf, so am not looking to further aggravate the problem like "The Stigs" version of small animal repellent and early warning system exhaust...) I mean 110db in the cockpit is a bit excessive IMO….and CHP already likes me enough….

....ARQRAY....:evil:[email protected] WOT....otherwise quiet......:shift:
stick with the cat.....not the stigs de-cat set up like mine.......:crazyeyes
Am planning to keep the stock cat till I expire my warranty....

Then maybe a sport cat? Dunno....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i fitted my arqray in the dark, outside, in very cold weather......in the middle of the night.......:rolleyes:
still lovin it 3 years on...................:cool:
Did you get the Titanium or steel??? I was leaning towards the Arqray.....did you do the rear panel elimination as well? Difficult?? Or rather more so due to absence of light and cold weather?

I mean..the titanium is very nice..light..but....2x the price....and for less than 7lbs weight savings??? I would rather just lose 7lbs.....and use the cash for something else..

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
May I suggest the Larin 6" or 8" (quieter version)?

I don't recommend the Arqray Single Tip for forced induction cars as the pipe diamter is smaller than Larini.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

I don't recommend the Arqray Single Tip for forced induction cars as the pipe diamter is smaller than Larini.
They why 2 months ago when I called to find out what exhaust I should get for my Exige S did "you guys" recommend that I get the Arqray Single Tip???? I purchased it over the other ones based on what I was told...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Sorry Cory, though we try to keep everyone up to speed on the latest developments, we don't always succeed. Give me a call and let me see what I can do to rectify...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Cory, though we try to keep everyone up to speed on the latest developments, we don't always succeed. Give me a call and let me see what I can do to rectify...
Shinoo, I was waiting to see how you were going to reply to Cory. Gotta be honest, what you JUST did shows serious integrity and Customer Service!

OUTSTANDING! I will be buying from Sector 111 again!

I wish every vendor treated their clients the same way!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Shinoo, I was waiting to see how you were going to reply to Cory. Gotta be honest, what you JUST did shows serious integrity and Customer Service!

OUTSTANDING! I will be buying from Sector 111 again!

I wish every vendor treated their clients the same way!
Only if we find out what he does to "rectify" the situation, if it is nothing his words are hollow....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only if we find out what he does to "rectify" the situation, if it is nothing his words are hollow....
Agreed, but the fact that he addressed this issue in such a manner shows integrity.......

Want to see the other side of the coin when it comes to customer service?

Look up Works Supercharger....

Nuff said?

·
Registered
689 Posts

How about the Arqray Twin, does that have 2.5" pipes, like the Larini 6" and 8"? Also, any reason not to combine the Arqray Twin with the Larini Sports Cat on an Exige S (in my case a '08 S 240)?

TIA,

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Im sticking with Arqray...my motto is "the louder the better" :shift:

If you are going to choose between those 2, I would go with the 6", I like the look better going through the top better then the bottom.

Sweeeeetttttt..............

So Cory, what do you think? Larini 6"? Or Twin?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
How about the Arqray Twin, does that have 2.5" pipes, like the Larini 6" and 8"? Also, any reason not to combine the Arqray Twin with the Larini Sports Cat on an Exige S (in my case a '08 S 240)?

TIA,
The Arqray line is still more focused on NA cars. I would go with Larini. In fact we have a new Larini 'S' muffler coming to us shortly....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts