The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ah. So it's time to sell my Lotus. It's been a lot of fun, but I'm getting ready to buy a house soon.

It's an Ardent Red 2007 Exige S with 32,950 miles and it has been meticulously maintained. Always garaged, no accidents. It's extremely clean. Modifications were made to improve reliability and safety, and to reduce weight. These include a Sector 111 baffled oil pan, a Sector 111 DS Brace, Manly's motor mounts, and RLS lightweight intercooler pipes. A JVC head unit with integrated back up camera and navigation is also installed. The motor is completely stock. Oil changes were done every 1000 miles since I've owned the car, and all the recalls have been performed.

When I purchased the vehicle, I had a pre-purchase inspection done at Dietsch Works in San Jose, CA. This included an inspection of the cams with the valve cover off. They gave the car a clean bill of health. Since then I've taken great care of it.

This car has the sports suspension (non-adjustable Bilsteins/spring perches) and the touring pack.

I'll add more info in the coming days, but that covers the important stuff. If you'd like to run a Carfax, the VIN is SCCVC11117HL81622.

If interested, please get in touch via PM or phone: 424-228-7822

Attachments

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
FYI the fact that he still has a mint looking diffuser and splitter means he took SUPER good care of this car. If I was buying an exige now I would start by looking at those two things. It is SO HARD not to hit that splitter and the red would show for sure if he did.

Look at the body gaps around the trunk too, it has never been driven with the trunk open or slammed etc. The headlights are glossy inside and out, the wheels are still shiny, the lotus emblems on the wheels aren't faded.

I have no involvement in this other then wanting the prices of exiges to go up since I own one, but man if I didn't I would be all over this car assuming the engine and interior pics are the same quality.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
if only you were east coast....NJ here.
If you're seriously thinking about getting into one of these, you shouldn't let that stop you.

There are only a few hundred Exiges total in the US. About 350 or so 07's.

As time goes on they are finding their ways into hands of people who intend to keep them. Not only will they hold/go up in value, they will be increasingly difficult to find...anywhere.

OP, I hope you get your price...in 2010 I sold my 07, with a few upgrades like body color mohawk cf roof, with 22K miles for $35K. I had advertised it on here for weeks with not a single inquiry. Advertised on Cars.com, autotrader, etc...no serious inquiries. Finally after many weeks got one local guy interested at a cars and coffee, and it found a new home.

Was buying a house at the time so while I didn't 'need' the cash, it came in hand.

Obviously everyone has 20/20 hindsight.

·
Lotus Driving Academy
291 Posts
Wow! Someone is going to get a steal on this beautiful car. I'm sorry you are having to let it go! I hope the next owner takes as much care of it as you have! What a great looking machine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you're seriously thinking about getting into one of these, you shouldn't let that stop you.

There are only a few hundred Exiges total in the US. About 350 or so 07's.

As time goes on they are finding their ways into hands of people who intend to keep them. Not only will they hold/go up in value, they will be increasingly difficult to find...anywhere.
porterror, I have to agree with 4380r.

And if you or anyone else is serious about the car, I'm willing to take it in to get inspected by the reputable local shop of your choice. In fact, there's a Lotus dealership 10 minutes from my house if you want to use them. That way, you don't have to take my word for it regarding the condition of the car. Then it's just a question of a reasonable car transporter, or an unforgettable cross-country drive in your newly purchased Lotus!

·
Lotus Driving Academy
291 Posts
Man the more pictures you post.. just incredible. The best condition exige I have ever seen I do believe. Awesome.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bought my Exige in NJ and drove her down to Alabama.

I bought my 76 Celica in Cali and drove her to Texas.

It only makes for an awesome road trip and you'll have a blast driving her home :D My Cali to Texas road trip was the most memorable as I drove my hoopty in Vegas and spent almost as much as I spent on the car there :crazyeyes

Don't hesitate!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I bought my Exige in NJ and drove her down to Alabama.

It only makes for an awesome road trip and you'll have a blast driving her home :D
This is an absolute lie. As someone who has driven the Florida-DC route many times, driving long distances in any Elise / Exige is nothing short of a terrible experience. Not to mention the drive is quite boring.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
This is an absolute lie. As someone who has driven the Florida-DC route many times, driving long distances in any Elise / Exige is nothing short of a terrible experience. Not to mention the drive is quite boring.

Then you must be driving on the wrong roads. If it's I-95 you are driving then I agree that would be boring. Find an alternate route.

I know many, including myself, who enjoy driving long distances in their Lotus and I've owned 4 of them.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts