Carbon fiber side mirrors
Blaupunkt Stereo/CD
LSS wheels
Yokohama A048 tires
Stage 2 exhaust system
Difflow diffuser
Full "Mowhawk" scoop roof
$29,900

Please email [email protected] or call 772-299-9788 or visit our website wirewheel.com - Wire Wheel Classic Sports Cars for pics

This beautiful Exige does have a Florida “Rebuilt” title because of fire damage which has been professionally repaired. NO CRASH DAMAGE.
As many of you already know, the Elise & Exige were exempt from FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE STANDARDS for bumpers..
Most insurance companies are very quick to declare an Elise or Exige a “total” loss where there is damage to both the front and rear body clam shells. They are very expensive to replace with new parts from Lotus. The fiberglass on this car was professionally repaired. There was no chassis damage to this Lotus.
We’ve been dealing with Lotus cars for over 25 years, and we’ve bought several damaged Lotus Elises to repair.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
What are the details on the roof? Is it custom made? I've never seen one like that before, it's narrower in the front than the OEM style.

·
Vendor
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your emails with interest in our 2007 Exige S.
Some answers to your questions:
This car has suffered from fire damage on the LH side of the car, behind the driver. The rear clam was burned in a section, so the entire rear clam was replaced. I do not know the cause of the fire.
The fire was pretty high on the car so it damaged the finish on the roof and rear hatch, both were repaired and repainted, (as well as the rear clam).
There were some melted components in the engine compartment: plastic radiator bottle, intercooler hoses and shrouds, some wiring, and other hoses. Most were replaced, some were repaired, as necessary.
I do have photos, pre-repair, but I prefer not to post them on the internet. A damaged or wrecked Lotus is never a pretty sight! Please send me you email address and I can send copies.
To the comment of it being priced too low: I think it is a very fair price for a nice Exige S with a "rebuilt", (not salvage), title. I'm happy to raise the price if it makes you feel better.......
I'm sorry, but I do not know the source of the roof. it was on the car when we purchased it.

·
Vendor
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The indicated mileage on this Exige S is 82,000 miles. I don't know if this is really the correct mileage because the electronics on ths Lotus were in-op, when we received it. Some of the wiring was damaged and burnt. It is now repaired and everyting works.
In looking at the condition and wear on the interior, it is difficult to believe that this is the correct mileage. I pullled a AutoCheck report on this Exige yesterday to see the mileage history. Unfortunately, is only shows the mileage as "16 miles" in 2007, and then "82,XXX in 2013, and nothing in between.
So, the answer to your question, is the actual mileage is unknown, but it could be 82,XXX

·
Vendor
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, Please note from the new photos, that this car has be returned to mostly stock configuration: stock "S" exhaust, stock rear grill, and stock rear diffuser.

·
Vendor
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, still available for $29,900. I cannot beleive that no one has purcahsed this Exige S!
It's actualy a very nice car. I've had many calls and emails, but on one has come to see it. I feel strongly that the first one to drive this Exige would buy it..........

·
Registered
7,355 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
It's currently sitting in my garage. :clap:

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
How are the repairs? Is there any indication of the fire? Smell? Wiring issues? Stains in the engine compartment?

It sure looks good from here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.