The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 Exige S Graphite Grey 47k Miles $40,500

For Sale

Text or call ANY time: Five f0ur one, 815 67five7, leave a message if I don't pickup - I work night shift.

Black Interior

Touring and Track Packages

47500 miles and counting

Stage 2 exhaust (sounds awesome, very clean, not obnoxious)

TRMotorsport F1 Wheels

Brake pads will be replaced on sale

Always kept in a garage and detailed regularly

Previous owner did mild upgrades to stereo(small custom subwoofer behind seats really makes listening to music in this car an amazing experience, see pictures, it is professionally installed and looks very clean and as if the car came that way from the factory)

5 point harnesses installed in both seats as well as normal seat belts

Alpine Head Unit with smart ipod adapter, as well as auxiliary cord

New headlight bulbs

Sliding Lotus cup holder installed

I have not tracked this car, I cannot speak for the previous owner

Only major flaw currently is front splitter has a crack in it. I will replace this part before the sale of the car if the buyer prefers, or I can knock the equal amount of repair $(approximately 350$) off the sale price.

Unfortunately since I bought the car from a dealer, they could not provide maintenance records. I can however obtain an ecu dump from my local Lotus dealer for any interested buyers. I have done all my own work on the car to ensure everything was done correctly and there were no other issues observed/visible. Autocheck shows this was a 1 owner car that never left California before my ownership. I bought the car 2 months ago but due to unforeseen circumstances I can no longer afford to keep the car due to my current financial situation. I am really hoping this car goes to a forum member/enthusiast so that I can continue to see its journey with someone that can appreciate it and take proper care of it. This is one reliable car, I have used it as my daily driver and taken it on a few day-long road trips. It has performed flawlessly for me and is the most exciting car I have ever owned.

Car is in great condition and runs great. All recalls are up to date. There are no check engine lights on. Paint is in good condition with expected wear for this type of car and mileage, star-shield is in good condition.

It pains me to have to sell this, this car is really a dream come true. The acceleration, handling, and beauty of it is unmatched. Every other car I get in is just not the same anymore. The car is located in Seattle, WA and is available for local inspection if you are interested in that. The car needs nothing other than a new owner, fly in and drive her home today, or we can arrange a shipping pickup.

I am asking $40,500(dropped from $42000 7/12/2014) which I consider a fair price for the condition this car is in and the color combo. It really is a beautiful car which I hope the pictures were able to capture, but nothing beats seeing it in person. I am constantly getting compliments and questions on the road, in parking lots, at stop lights, and everywhere I go. I am not open to trades of any kind. I am willing to work with you to finance the vehicle if you decide to go that route. The money must clear in my bank account before the vehicle leaves my possession. Let me know if you have ANY questions or specific picture requests and I will be happy to assist.

Here is a link to my dropbox folder of pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6kpzug7yspo4x0i/AABy0byKcj3Nq62KDiA2XIiia

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, no interest? Let me know what you think of my ad and car, this is the first time I've really tried to sell something on the forums instead of craigslist or autotrader.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
...maybe you're asking too much...? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'd hang at that price for a bit and see what comes your way. Perhaps others will start coming in with offers. Hopefully you can get a better idea of what the market will sustain at the moment. (I haven't been researching what kinda scratch these cars are going for these days....)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd hang at that price for a bit and see what comes your way. Perhaps others will start coming in with offers. Hopefully you can get a better idea of what the market will sustain at the moment. (I haven't been researching what kinda scratch these cars are going for these days....)
Good idea, I'm not in a hurry to sell and I think thats a fair asking price assuming they will negotiate a bit, I would let it go for 41k today if they had cash in hand. It really is a beautiful condition exige with no issues at all, the temp even sits right at 185 usually which is lower than other exiges I've driven. Once you test drive it you will see that its a fair price for the car, its such a joy to drive, I don't even know what car to buy after this that won't dissapoint me.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Park Place is trying to get 10k more for their supercharged 06, and I'd probably pick your car over theirs even at the same price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Park Place is trying to get 10k more for their supercharged 06, and I'd probably pick your car over theirs even at the same price.
Park Place prices are ridiculous. I've went over and looked at that exige and mine is in much better condition (paint and interior wear). It's been sitting in the sun for AGES out there, I don't see it selling anytime soon unless some very wealthy uninformed person shows up and says I'll take that one!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Supercharged 06? Was it aftermarket supercharged? I thought Lotus didn't make a supercharged exige until the "s" in 07..?

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
As a perspective buyer the only thing your car is lacking is mods. Odd I know, but beneficial mods. Aftermarket radiator, LETSLA, a good set of coilovers, baffled pan these things all make the car much better. There are several other exiges in your same price range with all these mods completed.

The mileage is a bit higher also.

There is a canyon red car on here that's been for sale for a very long time that sat at this same price. Granted it had a slight accident, but already had the radiator replaced with a pro alloy piece.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As a perspective buyer the only thing your car is lacking is mods. Odd I know, but beneficial mods. Aftermarket radiator, LETSLA, a good set of coilovers, baffled pan these things all make the car much better. There are several other exiges in your same price range with all these mods completed.

The mileage is a bit higher also.

There is a canyon red car on here that's been for sale for a very long time that sat at this same price. Granted it had a slight accident, but already had the radiator replaced with a pro alloy piece.
Fair enough, I will drop the price to $40,500 to account for that.

Bump

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump up, had some interest from one party but something came up and they had to put it on hold for the moment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Talking to one person about a sale but haven't come to an agreement on price. Bump for visibility. Park place also wants to put it on consignment for me, does anyone have experience with this? Should I do it?

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
How have I not seen you driving around? Bring your car to [email protected] tomorrow near BJ's in Redmond Town Center. Runs 9am-11. Might find some prospective buyers there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How have I not seen you driving around? Bring your car to [email protected] tomorrow near BJ's in Redmond Town Center. Runs 9am-11. Might find some prospective buyers there.
What is "[email protected]"? An autocross event or just car meetup or what? My car is really dirty... Can you text me so we can meetup or talk about this? Thanks 5 418 15 6 7 5 7 is my phone number

·
Registered
9 Posts
Living in Tacoma (actually Fife if you know where that is)...

I am very interested in your car...

Please do not Park Place it just yet.

I don't want to pay the middle man.

I will PM you my phone number...I work nights as well...

Maybe text me tomorrow (or today...its after midnight).

·
Registered
154 Posts
If I'm in a market to buy another Lotus, I will jump on this right now... damn...

·
Registered
278 Posts
If upgrading from one Lotus to the next was easier I would do it in a heartbeat. Something about this color that makes it look so good compared to the usual skittle colors. Plus at that priceid be all over it. Too bad it would be a complete pain in the ass to go through selling my car only to upgrade to yours at which time you'd already have it sold.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts