The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great work! I notice a dip in the points of both graphs at 45 mph. This is where I noticed "reverse flow". Do you find any significance to this trough in the data points? Would you consider testing my intercooler ducts that take airflow from the side scoops and funnel it through the intercooler from the back? I'm sure many people on this forum would love to see the comparison data.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The hybrid solution you speak of: I tried that once and didn't feel there was enough room. But, hey I could supply you with side panels and hoses and you could experiment.

And I notice you are in San Diego? I would love to brainstorm with you. Just spent the last couple days perfecting a filter that saves Chrysler minivan transmissions from self destructing. Let me know if I can supply anything you need.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bgwilly- sorry you feel that way. But , yes I do,did,would,could can and will keep on.

Smoky- Yes , you could use the roof scoop for the airbox as size/flow is compatible and it might even sound fantastic. I never tried it as I sold the car in Dec and am playing the metals market with the money. Miss it .

APK - anything I can do to help, let me know. I will supply anything I have to save you time/trouble/expense. I am interested in data points that show conclusively which configuration would cool the best whatever that may be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got 2 pieces of 4" -3' silicone race brake duct hose high quality leftover pieces that I would like to donate to your investigational cause if it helps. I'm in San Diego. Let me know if it would help. Just PM me.

I really think an exhaust duct would be critical to maximizing airflow but that's just my gut feeling. Love your work. Keep it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts