The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,459 Posts
I downloaded the manual and service notes back in February... it included a lot of '08 updates, including '08 schematics, launch control, new instrument panel, etc.
Just for a point of reference, I just got my hardcopy of the manual a few weeks ago. It did not include '08 info. :( (yet?) The dealer told me that as updates are released they will be sent to me.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,459 Posts
I should have been more specific... I meant the service manual, not the owner's manual. I'm assuming you mean the owner's manual?
Actually I should have been! I was talking about the service manual.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,459 Posts
Chris, ...The pressure is needed so that you do NOT just spray water on the IC (this does more harm than good)...
I am not saying that a fine mist is not better but, just curious how would spraying water in any fashion (assuming its colder than the intercooler) do more harm than good?

My wife's old '05 WRX STI came stock with an intercooler sprayer... only on when a button was pressed (I rather have one activated automatically) but it was a low-pressure sprayer.. moreso like your windshield washers than some high pressure fuel injector-like mist sprayer.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,459 Posts
Heat barrier

Picture of my ghetto version - http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160/intercooler-heat-shield-radiant-heat-barrier-64460/ it does not resonate, I also added 1/8" rubber washers to insulate the shield from the mounting brackets. I have an RLS and honestly it already touched the clam lid sometimes (before installing motor mount inserts).. it has not gotten any worse.

The sheet aluminum was like <$5. I have nothing to cut it so I bought the size that I would use and bent it over my workbench. Yup. High tech. The gold reflect material however was almost $40 for a roll, and I used about 7/8th of it. Not sure it works any better with or without it.. however the sticky side is a header wrap kind of material.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,459 Posts
1 - 7 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.