4,728 Posts
Let the "fettling" begin -- I love that word. :D

Keep up the good work. :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
cup roof makes no difference.....

makes no sense. :shrug:
He didn't say that...and it obviously makes some difference as can be seen from the graph. As Robains already mentioned, my bet is that the difference between the two roofs is even greater at speeds above 80 mph, which appears to be the maximum speed at which the test has been conducted so far.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one that has dented their IC with that stupid placement of a hood latch. It would be 1000X better if they had simply attached a small locking arm to either side of the hinges -- it's like the chassis design team and the body design team came from different pubs!
Too many standing starts. :D

Just get the Euro shock setup for the engine lid....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Frank found that the mesh blocks a heck of lot of air on those side scoops, so I would certainly remove that jazz...

Best,

Phil
Took the mesh out some time ago -- definitely helps with engine cooling.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
tempted to toss on a couple pullers and route my windshield washer reservoir and pump to a spray nozzle in the IC duct.

AJ,

You won't need it for your intended use of the car...with a proper I/C, you'll do fine on track. ;)

I turned my personal best lap time at Big Willow in 105 degree temp in June....beat my previous personal best time by 2 seconds which was set in 60 degree temps back in February. I know...not a very compelling argument. :D

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
EDIT: I'm pretty sure the 2-11 has two side ducts directed to the intercooler... I don't know if there's any separation between the ductwork, but I'm going to guess no. Maybe someone with a 2-11 can verify? :D
I haven't opened up the collector, but I'm pretty sure that there is no separation between the ductwork. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
More solutions for more air.....

Jack, post up the photos of your setup in your cup car :)

Here are a few photos of the famous Aeroman's (aka Brent) creation (he does amazing work :bow:) to increase airflow to the Cup car I/C .... ducts galore. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
+1

Very nice and professionally done by Brent (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8276)
Yes, Brent is the best. :up:

He used 3 separate naca ducts and they are rather special (designed to pull and accelerate the air) ... not all naca ducts are created equal. ;) He also had to bond the two layers of the Cup roof together to avoid air loss/escape within the cavities. It was a lot of work. He also modified/fabricated brackets to better position the i/c and aid with heat shielding.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts