The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts

Zero science involved... you can tell by the zip ties that’s the case... but ended up doing 4” to both sides and just some homemade fiber glass scoops

Literally molding around a Taco Bell cup a buddy had in his truck.

Driver side is a bit fancier... used a McD’s cup and split it off to both the ITG and the 4” IC.

forgot to take a picture after it was finished and mounted :(

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well done! I need to do the same thing now that my 4" IC shroud has shipped. A couple of questions:
  1. How did you secure the fabricated ducts to the clam
  2. What are you planning to do with the center inlet from the roof scoop, i.e., did you block/seal that portion?
Thanks.
1)

they are bolted to the clam on both sides to this hole.

2)

I closed off the Mohawk scoop to the IC and kept it being fed by both 4” tubes. I did open the roof scoop itself to add air throughout the engine bay (which is still blows my mind that the tiny little roof scoop was going to cool an IC)

The engine bay itself isn’t as sealed as a stock Exige. I run the rear delete and BOE ST exhaust with a lot of crap pulled out... plus those scoops don’t seal all the way so some air gets around them. The engine bay feels no different than it normally did post-road driving. Would need to track it soon to really see the temp differences.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I will stick will the 2ZZ I would never take the k24 route, if I had the ability to make my own fiberglass, I would totally copy that method.
that’s just some cardboard and aluminum foil away from a masterpiece!! :D keep those amazon boxes and snag a Home Depot gift card at Xmas... bam. In all honesty you could make one hell of a strong homemade scoop like this design it just wouldn’t be as “perfect”.

it would be hillbilly Adrian newey!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Let us know how well it all fits in! That’s a solid alternative to expensive kits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts