The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come, I absolutely love this car, but I just don't get to drive it much.

2007 Exige S in Magnetic Blue - $45,995

I focused on changes to make it just that much better on the track, but in doing so it became easier to drive on the street. The Nitrons are far more liveable around town and are much less harsh than the LSS shocks, while the Larini 8" exhaust sounds incredible without being too loud or droning.

Tons of photos and lots of details about it at: 2007 Lotus Exige S for Sale in wild Magnetic Blue

I'm happy to answer any questions via PM, but it is under consignment, so to purchase please contact Brad directly at:

San Francisco Sports Cars
191 Industrial Rd
San Carlos, CA 94070
Brad Goldstone
1-415-847-4169

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,310 Posts
So the Nitron shocks are softer feeling on the street, what about at the track? Do they work better than the stock shocks at the track?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the Nitron shocks are softer feeling on the street, what about at the track? Do they work better than the stock shocks at the track?
These are the top of the line single adjustables: Nitron 46mm Race Pro 1-Way
They are easily adjusted by hand (takes less than 10 minutes for the whole car) to suit your taste. It's hard to describe how much of an improvement it makes until you experience it, both on and off the track. They are not just better, they are far, far better.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,310 Posts
These are the top of the line single adjustables: Nitron 46mm Race Pro 1-Way
They are easily adjusted by hand (takes less than 10 minutes for the whole car) to suit your taste. It's hard to describe how much of an improvement it makes until you experience it, both on and off the track. They are not just better, they are far, far better.
I see Sector111 sells doubles and 3-way Nitrons too. Thoughts? Any reason you choose these over the other Nitron variants?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see Sector111 sells doubles and 3-way Nitrons too. Thoughts? Any reason you choose these over the other Nitron variants?
Probably not the best place to discuss, but the general consensus is unless you really know what you are doing, single adjustables are the way to go. Your chances of messing up your setup is far greater with double or triples. There are tons of threads on this subject on this forum.

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,751 Posts
Damn, I am very very tempted to buy this and it's local. I've been considering changing from my Elise (also Magnetic Blue) to an Exige for more track focus. Ugh, what to do, what to do.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, I am very very tempted to buy this and it's local. I've been considering changing from my Elise (also Magnetic Blue) to an Exige for more track focus. Ugh, what to do, what to do.
Trade in your Elise on my Exige! :D That's the nice aspect of having it consigned and they can finance as well. Everything is already done for the track, you'd end up spending a LOT to bring your Elise to this level.

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,751 Posts
Maybe I'll stop by this weekend and have a look. Does it have a clean carfax? Any accidents or known issues?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I'll stop by this weekend and have a look. Does it have a clean carfax? Any accidents or known issues?
Carfax is clean. I did have an off with indirect contact with the tires at Sonoma, but I had everything checked and replaced by DW. The brake master cylinder was replaced under warranty early on. I've been very proactive, so there are no issues and I've owned it since new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts