The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this is be asked before but I took a look through the Exige sub-forum and didn't find anything.

My question is, why type of dyno readings are '07 Exige S owners seeing with their modifications and what type of modifications did you do. Thanks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Most of the info you're looking for is in the engine/forced induction sub forum. Mainly steps to combat heat soak (proalloy charge cooler Thomasio's "cup like" intercooler upgrade) and Ecu reflashes such as gotham265 tune.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Charge Cooler
Gotham ECU tune
ForcedFed header and exhaust

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know you finally bought your ExigeS. :clap:
No I didn't. I have a person who's interested in buying my Ducati Tricolore. Right now, we're $600 a part and he's quite interested in it but I'm not quite sure if I want to sell because it opens to the to what next.

So, I've actually been considering an Audi TT as it has rear seats (that will fit my 9-month son) and with the DSG option, my wife can actually drive it. I don't consider it a sports cars - much less a sports car by the Exige S standards but it fills a need and my wife and I like it. I could go with the TT and when my wife's Volvo lease expires next July, she could take the TT and I would wait a few more months for the Eagle/Ethos(?).

On the other hand, I really LOVE the Canyon Red Exige S and prefer the hood scoop on the '07 vs. the '08 more function mohawk -not to mention the discounts available. It's been a year since I almost bought the Canyon Red at Southbay Lotus. One of the things that held me back at that time was that it really didn't feel that much more powerful than my '05 Elise - which is why I was asking about aftermarket. At the time, I heard an ECU upgrade would get the Exige S to a similar level as the 240hp Cup Car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i just recently drove a bmw 135! in automatic. it's a fantastic small car that's worth looking at. nice handling and steering feedback is excellent. it has 300hp but a reflash will bring it to 380hp for a 3300lbs car... should be pretty quick and it has backseats as well.

the TT is really nice looking but i think lacking in power. the DSG gearbox is phenomenal as my wife has it but surprisingly the bmw's automatic is also giving fast shifts and even bleeps the throttle on downshifts.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read about that on the 135 thread. So, both the 135 adn 335 can get a ECU reflash go for 380hp? Would that be through Dinan?

And I agree about the TT being underpower and over priced relative to it's competitors-even in with the 270hp TTS. I've heard of 2.0T owner releasing to get 250hp so that would probably be the way we'd go vs the 3.2 6 cyclinder. But then again, it this is sort of a second family car so it's not like I need a fast sport car. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
On the other hand, I really LOVE the Canyon Red Exige S and prefer the hood scoop on the '07 vs. the '08 more function mohawk -not to mention the discounts available. It's been a year since I almost bought the Canyon Red at Southbay Lotus. One of the things that held me back at that time was that it really didn't feel that much more powerful than my '05 Elise - which is why I was asking about aftermarket. At the time, I heard an ECU upgrade would get the Exige S to a similar level as the 240hp Cup Car.
And you're in luck!! If I'm not mistaken, this is the Canyon Red Exige S that you almost bought . . . or at least a reasonable facsimile:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50545&page=2

It's just waiting for you to drive down to SD and pick it up -poke-

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know. I noticed it when AttAKKer posted it for sale back in Janaury. It's one of three Canyon Reds I'm aware of. :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, and I think a TT-RS will be out next year. But, honestly, for that kind of cash, I'd rather find myself in an Exige S and get that cheap $5,000 beater car I've been planning to get for the past year. :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
I read about that on the 135 thread. So, both the 135 adn 335 can get a ECU reflash go for 380hp? Would that be through Dinan?
As far as I know, the 135i, 335i, and 535i all have the same engine and turbo system so the ECU reflash should apply to all three. I know you can get reflash for the 3 and 5 series at Vishnu Performance. IIRC, they started off in the Subaru world and are still a top Subi shop.

http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_335i.htm

There was a short blurb on their 335i ECU reflash in Road and Track a while back.

I think the 135i is a better driver's car but I prefer the looks of the TT.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

And I agree about the TT being underpower and over priced relative to it's competitors-even in with the 270hp TTS. I've heard of 2.0T owner releasing to get 250hp so that would probably be the way we'd go vs the 3.2 6 cyclinder. But then again, it this is sort of a second family car so it's not like I need a fast sport car. :)

More than 380hp. The car in stock form is very under-rated for power. It's more like 320-330hp. :) :p

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Allan,

You are making things way too complicated, buddy :p Sell the tricolor (yuck that is ugly, coming from a fellow multi Ducati owner)! Stop fighting about 600$, you are a baller, you can afford it.

Don't buy the TT and waste time. The wife is happy with the Volvo, let her keep it. Go pick up the Exige S, and stop posting all these threads about Exige vs Elise vs boat vs truck vs blah blah.

Man up and pull the trigger! The 1 series is junk, the TT is crap. Stop compromising. Go big, or go home.

Don't be a chump like me and buy the Elise and regret it everyday. Buy the real deal (Exige S), and start having fun, and stop posting here :D :D

*just put the order for the 848 and 1098s together*

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, I guess that puts an end to the '07 Exige S or '08 Exige 240 thread I was going to post in a few weeks. :D

Yeah, I think the Tricolore's pretty much sold unless he changes his mind.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Allan,

I would like to get a ride in the 07 Exige S, when you buy it. I have yet to meet an Exige S owner, who is wiling to give a real ride. Most of them are all prissy people who would rather polish their cars than drive them. Hope when you join the Exige S club, you don't become one of them.

Congrats on the canyon red Exige S purchase. :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Allan,

I would like to get a ride in the 07 Exige S, when you buy it. I have yet to meet an Exige S owner, who is wiling to give a real ride. Most of them are all prissy people who would rather polish their cars than drive them. Hope when you join the Exige S club, you don't become one of them.

Congrats on the canyon red Exige S purchase. :)
You should try going to the track. Plenty there being driven properly I am sure you can get a real ride in. I doubt you ever feel the car's potential on the street. :)

I have had members here take me around in their cup car which is a real rush.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts