The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove my first Exige today. What a ride! In the last 24 hours, I've been to the dealer three times. I think I'm hooked!:nanner:

Question...the A/C (I'm in Texas) wouldn't stay cold on the test drive. Worked fine, then wasn't cooling. Then got cold again. Is this normal? Thought I read in one thread about guys in the Middle East saying they have A/C issues. It was only mid-80's here today, so I hope that isn't the case. My salesman (who has been great), said it wasn't right and he'd have it looked at. What do you guys think?

Also--anyone willing to spill the beans on what they paid for a new 2007 Exige S (the more recent, the better)? I've seen the $10k off ads etc, but I'm wondering what people are really paying for any given option list. Probably a taboo subject, but if you want to share, I'm all ears (and I bet others are too:D).

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Test drove my first Exige today. What a ride! In the last 24 hours, I've been to the dealer three times. I think I'm hooked!:nanner:

Question...the A/C (I'm in Texas) wouldn't stay cold on the test drive. Worked fine, then wasn't cooling. Then got cold again. Is this normal? Thought I read in one thread about guys in the Middle East saying they have A/C issues. It was only mid-80's here today, so I hope that isn't the case. My salesman (who has been great), said it wasn't right and he'd have it looked at. What do you guys think?

Also--anyone willing to spill the beans on what they paid for a new 2007 Exige S (the more recent, the better)? I've seen the $10k off ads etc, but I'm wondering what people are really paying for any given option list. Probably a taboo subject, but if you want to share, I'm all ears (and I bet others are too:D).

Thanks!
I'd check around online. When I was searching and speaking to dealers I found a huge variance in prices which was mainly based on location and number of cars available at the same dealership. Good luck in your search, and like most people, one drive and you can't accept anything less!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I think Alan GIbbs was mentioning that Criswell and also Lotus Beverly Hills are offering $10k off their 2007 Exige S's. Worth giving them a call I think. Also see Dan's (Criswell) post on his offer, I think he has 4 left now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
You have a PM.

Ben

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The A/C in my Exige S is lightyears better than the A/C in my Elise. The Exige s A/C blows cold even in 100 degree weather.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm in Austin and haven't had a problem with the A/C on my 07 Exige S. In fact, it actually gets a little too cold -- on my commute home I usually end up turning it off halfway home, even in the summer. It's probably dependent on the actual car but mine's great.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
you have another PM.

I havent had any problems with my a/c:shrug:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the responses and PMs. Any more prices you care to share?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I finally decided to take the plunge and buy an Exige in the next 2-3 weeks. Leaning towards the 07 so far.
Would you mind letting me know what you learned so far ? Please send me a PM when you get a chance...
Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
AC no problemo in Texas heat.

I've had my car for about 10 months and had no problems with the AC in my '07 Exige S.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Exige S = Cold A/C?

It must be the "S" that has a GOOD A/C. Mine is almost too cold some of the time. I have to turn it down to keep my hand from freezing.

Ben

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got an Exige 06 and we had around 100 couple days ago and the A/C runs really cool, even in a hot traffic Jam ^^, only thing I got a bit worried was the Engine Temp ^^. :panic:

·
Registered
29 Posts
How much??

2007 Exige S, build date July 2007, Sport Pack, Luxury pack, Traction Control. Metallic Paint. Starshield -- Window was $66.7K, paid $54K

Car had 16 miles -- not a demo, never titled. Seemed too good to be true -- but in this case it is true...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2007 Exige S, build date July 2007, Sport Pack, Luxury pack, Traction Control. Metallic Paint. Starshield -- Window was $66.7K, paid $54K

Car had 16 miles -- not a demo, never titled. Seemed too good to be true -- but in this case it is true...
Good deal. I paid about $2.5k more for similar car with 49 miles on it 1.5 weeks ago. Kudos to you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts