The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like the 2007 lotus elise owner's manual please! I found some links on this forum but they were all broken...

Or if somebody can redirect me to a guide showing how to access the main fuse box, that would be great!

·
Registered
340 Posts
The main fuse box is in the passenger side compartment under the front cover.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yeah I was looking for this myself the manual just said "The main fuse box is in the passenger side compartment". There are a few fuses under the dash but believe it or not they mean under the front clam, you actually have to remove the clam. Crazy convenient LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The are referring to the panels on the front clam which you remove with a single allen headed bolt and then rock it back and forth to slither it out. One of these crescent shaped panels you remove to get at brake/clutch fluid as well. You do NOT have to remove the clam to access the fuses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The are referring to the panels on the front clam which you remove with a single allen headed bolt and then rock it back and forth to slither it out. One of these crescent shaped panels you remove to get at brake/clutch fluid as well. You do NOT have to remove the clam to access the fuses.
I see what you mean by crescent shaped panels, but when I remove the single screw visible, the panel doesn't budge!

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
I see what you mean by crescent shaped panels, but when I remove the single screw visible, the panel doesn't budge!
If it has been a long time since the panel was pulled it could be stuck. gently pull up on the pointy end to get the rubber gasket beneath the fastener to unstick. There aren't any tricks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it has been a long time since the panel was pulled it could be stuck. gently pull up on the pointy end to get the rubber gasket beneath the fastener to unstick. There aren't any tricks.
Awesome, was able to remove the panel and change the fuse, and now everything is working perfectly! Thanks :)

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Awesome, was able to remove the panel and change the fuse, and now everything is working perfectly! Thanks :)
Do you know why the fuse blew? These cars aren't really old enough to be blowing fuses from age.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts